1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New blade mounted

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Kybol, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Kybol

Kybol Senior Member
    from Alberta

WEll we got the blade mounted and serviced up the rest of the equiptment, so I thought I might as well post up some pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Kybol

Kybol Senior Member
    from Alberta

My dads new gator, blade isnt mounted yet though:
    [​IMG]

other equiptment:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

pics arent much different from the last ones I have up, but hey it is a new year i guess.

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good, is that a 5000 Series 1420?

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

That thing must be able to push TONS of snow! Very nice rig!

5. Kybol

Kybol Senior Member
    from Alberta

The blade? I think it is called the 5200 snowwing. Depending on how it works, we might put this one on the 8220, and get the 14' for this tractor, I think the 12' might be a little narrow.

6. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Looks great now its time for some SNOW

7. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

That plow looks like a toy in front of that thing. Get some action shots this winter!

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

We should get our 12' anyday now and it's going on a JD 7130 so I don't think you'll even know it's on your tractor. LOL

9. MattyK

MattyK Senior Member
    from Boston

Thats some great looking equipment you've got goin on there. I hope its not 60° there like it is in Boston

10. Kybol

Kybol Senior Member
    from Alberta

Well by tuesday it is supposed to be around 10C(50ish) which seems crazy for mid november here.

11. miltonplower

miltonplower Senior Member
    from ontario

so i see you got new new drive way rig:drinkup::drinkup:nice john deere'swesport

12. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice equipment. My grand father has A John Deere 420 dozer. He uses it to haul out wood and he pushes snow banks back with it. It's a strong little machine.

13. Kybol

Kybol Senior Member
    from Alberta

It is a nice little machine, the one final drive is broken, thats why it is sitting in the shop, but i guess my dad found some part at a musuem for it.

14. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

My gand father had to replace a bull gear in his and it cost him $400 for a new one. The only thing that they should have had on the 420 is a angle blade. He used to plow snow with his 420 but it took him 4 hours to plow his drive way (a drive way that takes 30 minutes with a truck). Now he uses his 1987 Chevy 1/2 ton with a 7.5' Fisher Quik Switch. I tried to plow his drive way for free, but he wouldn't let me becouse he enjoys plowing so much.

15. farmer101

farmer101 Senior Member
    from indiana

now that is some seriously sexy equipment you are running there :nod::Dxysport

16. Kybol

Kybol Senior Member
    from Alberta

I guess a year has gone by already and I have an update on this blade. We used it last season and it really didnt work well for what we do, just built to light. Trip edge would constantly trip in the muskeg, fill up with grass, and not go all the way back into place. The wing motors just werent heavy enough to hold back the windrows, although they are sure nice and speed up plowing the lease sites and plant yards. We we got back to our dealer with this info, and they contacted horst who gave us a full refund, and suggest us to AMI since the owners know each other or are related or something along those lines.

So then this summer we got the new AMI blade and mounted it up. Used it once or twice to move some dirt, to then realize it was way to heavy for what we do/our tractor. Got back to the dealer yet again about just returning this one for a Degelman, since that what our other two blades are. Well I guess AMI wanted to make it right and sent a rep out to see the setup. So what they did was measure everything up, and made a new blade to suit us better. I believe they sized the mounting and brackets smaller, and out of different steel(I think) which shaved off a couple thousand pounds. It is just awesome what they went through for just one customer, but I think after dealing with them, we will probably do it again next time we upgrade our tractor.

So here are a few pics of the first AMI blade:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Kybol

Kybol Senior Member
    from Alberta

one more:
    [​IMG]

I will get some pics of the new one later this week and post them up too.

18. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

That lift sytem looks sweet. You can keep a good cutting angle at the height you want and when you're done you can crush cans/cars/houses or what ever you can fit under that monster.

19. pitrack

pitrack Senior Member

:eek: That is awesome they went through all the to help you guys out.

20. Drew2010

Drew2010 Senior Member

I want one.... Your posts always amaze me... Even if they are the same as last year.

Nice 420 crawler too. My dads got antique John Deeres, I always wanted a crawler to match our 420 utility.