1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new blade for truck vs Skid and blade/pusher

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jvm81, Sep 8, 2007.

1. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

What are your thoughts about which is better. I have 4 trucks right now with Hiniker plows - bought a new BOBCAT S205 with 2 speed and I think I could also utilize this machine as well. So add another plow to a truck or buy an attachment for the skid?

Most properties we do already with plows - the old skid did help with a bucket but that didn't seem the way to go - now with a new skid - yes or no and what to get to be most effeicient?

2. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Can't beleive no one on here as any advice for me -

3. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

You should go with a flip down box on your skidder. If you get the flip box you can back drag like no other piece of equipment. And with a 2 speeder it'll keep pace with a PU plowing no question.

4. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Flip box - what make and model are the best out there??

5. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Pushers and blades

I run a skid loader and usually take a blade and a pusher to the jobs. I use a 10' compact pusher for moving the bulk of the snow and the blade is a 7' fixed blade for tight spots and for pealing up the harder stuff. I like both and my operators love having both also. The pusher work good but sometimes don't cut it. The blade that I have seen that has the flip on pusher I think is a Snow Wolf. The best of both worlds is the way to go. Another way to go might be a Bobcat brand snow blade. They have fold out scoops as an option for theirs. Not bad but the scoops don't touch the surface so you lose some snow. Quick Attach make the same thing and they are cheaper. $2900 gets you a 9' with scoops from them. Bobcat only goes up to 8' on theirs and it is $3000 just for the blade. Call Tom Anderson @ Quick Attach for price and shipping 866-428-8224 Hope that helps you!:drinkup:

6. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Cool - thanks for the info!

7. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Blizzard 86-11 for the S205 the best thing for your skid hands down

8. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

same

I have the same problem only I need to be able to fit in between tractor trailer loading docks and scrape back. I am seriously considereing the blizzard. I would do the blizzard and Jeere is the man from what everyone tells me. Blizzard is more $ however but I think after switching between items a few time the blizzard will be more appreciated and a better tool. Other problem for me was multiple accounts that I drive the machine to and cant carry two attachments.

9. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Forgot to mention that if your on a budget my setup was pretty inexpensive for getting all new equipment. Pro Tech compact Pusher $1300, the blade is a Thomas utility blade $1500 not to bad for what I got and the blade is built for the loader instead a converted meyer blades which didn't hold up to long for me. If you got the money don't waste your time with my setup get the blizzard!!!!

10. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Good option - i was thinking about asking about the blizzard here. I did check them out and that seems like the way to go??