1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New blade and tires

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Well I finally upgraded to an 8 foot blade from a little 7.5 footer. I cant beleive how much thicker the steel is on these things. I swapped my 7.5 poly even for this 8. Got new tires for the thing too. Those crappy Kumho tires lasted 18,000 miles and were bald. Got the new Goodyear Wrangler pro series. They even have a 50,000 mile warranty too. Yes they are stock 245's, no one would put me in anything bigger on a stock rim. Figure that one out since I had 265's on it before. The last pic is of my little puppy. He is a Rottweiler/German Shepard mix. He is about 7 weeks old now, was 3 when we got him. His name is Bear.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  2. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Nice Plow and Tires Tom!

Something looks new in the last photo.. Did your Wife get a new hair-do? :D

3. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

The truck and plow looks good SL I cant believe that they wouldnt put a bigger tire on then a 245. I didnt have any issue getting my 285s mounted on my stock wheels which are off of a newer 2500HD.

Btw did you ever get a nelson tune on that 6.0? I got one on my 350 and i'm very happy with the results.

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

No Ron, the wife hasnt changed her hair-do, LMAO:jester:

Abes, I didnt get the tune yet. Some things came up that were alot more important than getting toys for the truck. Hopefully I will luck out and snatch one up here soon. That 6.0 has alot of go go juice now since it is breathing easier, cant wait to try it tuned right

5. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

LOL Tom, Just had to ask... :D

Looks good man!

6. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Thanks!!! Now I cant wait for the snow to arrive!! This winter is already looking 10x better than last season. Doing my contracts and my seasonal/per pushes just right so I will be making some coin this time. Already with what I have bid out and signed, Im already in the 5 digit area finally:yow!:

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good, 6" makes all the difference in the world.:drinkup:

8. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Thanks Dave!!! 6" makes all the difference.........thats what she said, LMAO:jester: It will for sure help on a few places having the bigger blade.

9. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

Great looking set-up, and what a beautiful puppy!

10. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I see your still looking out for #1.

12. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

congrats nice upgrade :nod: is bear gunna be ridding shot gun with you this winter ?

13. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

You'll love those tires. Expect to get 60,000 plus from them. I've had a set on my old F250, two sets on ym Dakota, and a set will be going on the 2500 this week. My first set opn the Dakota lasted 65,000 and still has some tread left on them. I actually sold them for $75. Just keep them rotated. They are great in all conditions.

14. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Nice balde and tires...looks good!:drinkup:

15. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

They suck with weight I have them on my silverado and tows everyday Plows and I NEVER Burnout or anything and have 30,000Miles and a just about bald.:realmad::realmad:...My Goodyear MT/R's Lasted longer and they dont even have a warranty///////they lasted 45,000Miles doing the same.

16. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Hey Tom are you putting wings on? The wings on the 7.5 gave you more then the 8' will plowing with out them. My 8' with wings is 10' wide great for parking lots but sucked for some driveways.

17. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

Call me a wacko, but it looks like the lights on the plow are a little foggy, unless it's just the picture.
    And the last pic of the dog, looks like he's once spoiled dog.

18. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Thanks Guys!!! Yes Bear will be my plow buddy this this year. He isnt too spoiled yet. The tires seem good so far, but only time will tell. I know it is only a 6" upgrade, but it will help on drives where I couldnt use wings on the 7.5

19. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

Just an FYI-

The warranty on Silent Armor's doesn't cover commercial service vehicles (i.e. plow trucks)..

We swear by the tires though. Make sure you rotate, and you'll get 40-50k+ out of them.

20. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Thanks I will for sure rotate. I got free rotations with them, so I have no excuse. Really havent heard anything bad about them, which is good. What did you guys that have them pay??? I got mine for 758 mounted, balanced, installed and a front end alignment. Didnt think that was too bad.