1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Biz Opportunity in Philadelphia area

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by vaughanb, Jul 25, 2010.

1. vaughanb

vaughanb Junior Member

So I buy land and build houses in Philadelphia and I'm starting to stockpile some equipment that would make a pretty sweet snow plowing fleet. I have:

*A JCB 2CX backhoe loader, 4WD with the four wheel steer and same size wheels
    *A Freightliner FL-60 26000lb single axle truck with switch'n'go hoist (I can haul snow, salt or a backhoe with about 8tons of carrying capacity - bit of a beast)
    *A dodge ram 1500 4x4 2003 with a long bed
    *A 1999 F250 superduty lariat 4x4 diesel
    *A 2010 Nissan Titan (may not want to put that in to the plowing fleet just yet)

With this equipment, I can't imagine how silly I would be, not to put it to great work snow plowing in the winter. I see images of 14' blades on my FL-60 or my 2CX, huge commercial parking lots and tons of money.

So whats my point?

I'd like to get in to the commercial snow plowing business, but I'm hesitant about jumping in whole hog with my experience level, I'd like to find someone interested in creating a new company with me, that can use all my equipment and labor (I have a strong crew, that will take care of all my equipment) and make some money together.

I would also consider a partnership with an existing company in my area willing to collaborate or expand their fleet.

I'm less interested in straight "sub-contracting" but am always willing to chat.

I have a yard in Frankford in the Northeast section of Philadelphia that holds half the equipment, some of the pickups are with employees spread over the city and Delaware county.

I look forward to shooting the snow with you guys, learning something new, making some friends and maybe even a little money.

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

Partner's are for Dancing . Ha Ha ...Just messing with with ya .Good Luck
  3. vaughanb

vaughanb Junior Member

Whatever pays the bill, eh, doc? Haha, thanks for your reply, helpful or not. :)
  4. jeffslawnservic

jeffslawnservic Member

I may have a buddy who might be interested also from Northeast Philly.
  5. vaughanb

vaughanb Junior Member

Hey Jeff, you'd love the switch'n'go system I got on my FL-60 if you're a lawn co., it's really helpful for landscapers, if you ever wanna check it out in action, I'm all over the place.

You think your buddy is interested to getting in to the biz for himself? Or interested in expanding?
  6. JVRLandscaping

JVRLandscaping Junior Member

I'm Jeff's buddy. I only do snow plowing and Jeff does all the rest for me. I'm getting bigger and would like to expand with a reliable partner. I'd rather not put too much about myself on here. Is there a number I could reach you at to talk more?
  7. vaughanb

vaughanb Junior Member

Understood and sounds great. You can reach me on philly area code 874-0065. You can call me tonight or tomorrow. I'm closing on some property tomorrow afternoon, so you'll have the best chance of catching me early tomorrow morning or late tomorrow afternoon. Look forward to chatting about your goals. Vaughan
  8. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Vaughan, try Steven at 215-757-8840
  9. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

Philly is on lock down. By a man that goes my the name DECO. So look out.:drinkup:
  10. vaughanb

vaughanb Junior Member

Hey lilweeds, thanks for the tip! I've actually had Steve's name mentioned to me twice in the past few days, he's heavy in the equipment circles and must have a good reputation.

Mackman, cheers for the tip. Was it a hint or a warning? Either way, I'm interested to know more.
  11. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

There is nothing really to know. It was an inside joke to the other people on this forum. There used to be a guy name deco that posted on here about all the plowing he did in philly. But he got banned. I was just being a smartazz.

Im not to far from philly so if you get alot of work and need a hand let me know. If i have the time i can help you out. But be warn i dont work cheap LOL. Good luck to you.