1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New bid

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Toddppm, Oct 12, 2001.

1. Toddppm

Toddppm Member

Hello all, looks like everyones gearing up for winter already!
    I was recently contacted to bid snow removal for a Franks Nursery, I think they're nat'l , anyone deal with them?? I remember hearing they were in Bankruptcy a few months ago???
    They sent me a proposal to bid with seperate lines to enter an amount for each service such as plowing this area______per inch
    Salt this_______. Is this standard that they send me a proposal instead of me sending them mine?? I don't do any commercial right now except for subbing. If I win the bid do I then send them my proposal? I've gotten some good contract info from last year that I've been using on my residentials. I like the idea of having a min. amount if it snows or not(only had about 4" total last winter:eek: ) Their proposal can be interperated alot of different ways and I don't want to have a problem if we get this job. Thanks
  2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Like you said its just a proposal, when you agree on the numbers, then write the contract with all the specifics.
  3. ddm

ddm Member

We do a gas station/conveince store (national chain) that uses their own contract language with "fill in the blanks" probably similiar to what your talking about. It is really pretty general, and I haven't had any problems with them.

If there's something in it that you object too; it's pretty easy to make a change at this point, or add an addendum for further language that satisfies you. I'd go with Dino though, throw them the numbers and work out the details if they accept your bid.