1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New bed and cab corners for the 1990 gmc

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by nicksplowing, Aug 19, 2009.

1. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

YEA SO THINGS HAVE SLOWED DOWN A BIT SO I DECIDED TO TAKE CARE OF SOME RUST :realmad: LET ME KNOW WHAT YA THINK.....FINISHED TRUCK NEXT WEEK HOPEFULLY:drinkup:

1990 gmc.jpg

1990 gmc 1.jpg

1990 gmc 2.jpg

1990 gmc 3.jpg

1990 gmc 4.jpg

2. nicksplowing

3. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

looks really good. didi you paint the whole cab? looks good. post pic's with your progress

4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good.

Going to do my truck next right? Probably be easier just to put a whole new body on it,lol.

5. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Looks good !!!

Use a single stage paint on that?

I feel your pain I redid my 88 I love the older body styles looks over the new ones !!!!

6. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra Senior Member

that looks awesome. where did u get these painted at?

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Same here. I have the following damage as a result of plowing:

Both cab corners are dented
    Pass Door is dented
    Tailgate is shacked (I pushed it into a tree with the SS. Didn't see it under the snow)
    Left bedside has a three foot "crease" from backing up next to a shed. Corner board was missing, didn't see a nail sticking out.
    Right front fender has another self inflicted crease
    Bottom of bed on both sides is pushed in
    What else?

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Nick, the truck looks nice. Nice to see you pulled the bed. Doesn't take long, and you can do a better job.

9. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Mine is ready for paint also. Do mine next. i got it primed and taped. Its ready to go

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I need my 98 painted too! Looks like some nice work there.

11. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Dave, is that truck silver or off white? Saw a new Dodge the other day, almost like GMs bone white. Looked pretty sharp.

12. BigDave12768

its a bright silver. Its actually already painted. I just gota pick it up. Been to sick to do any thing

13. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

What do you have? I could barely keep my eyes open church Sunday, and have been sleeping 12-15 hours a day since. Of course I have insomnia tonight LOL. Hoping the doctor has a cancellation tomorrow.

14. BigDave12768

I got acute Bronchitus. So this heat and humidity are killing me. I am ok as long I stay put. I went and saw doctor(urgent care place) he gave me some Xopenx(inhaler) and some expensive anti biotic. Bastards didnt have a generic for it. I started to feel better today. Nothing worse than going outside and gasping for air. Plus the fatigue set in. So I really couldnt do much anyway. I got it over the winter and it cleard up in 3 days. It was no where near as bad as this. When they tell you it all goes down hill at 40 they are not kidding. I never got sick in the past. Minor cold here and there but never slowed me down like this has.

Your from Maine. I was at the The Forks last week.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  15. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Jeez, you suck at driving,lol.

My truck only has a dent in the tailgate which was there when I got it. Otherwise every other pannel is straight and dent and scratch free. My only problem is the rust bunnies have taken over the body of the truck from the body line down.

16. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You know what? I just remembered I had bronchitis this time last year. Worried it might be Lyme disease at this point. At least that wouldn't be as bad as diabetes or anemia.

17. nicksplowing

howdy boys thanks for the nice comments:drinkup: to answer a few questions the shop is a buddy of mines in manayunk, we did not paint the whole truck just the cab corners from the body line down and the entire bed,the front of the truck was just done 2 years ago and still looks good other then some chips on the door edges, the bed was damaged over the past winter when my brother tried to take out a booth at a parking lot in the city:cry:i lucked out and found a real straight bed off a 95 chevy at the u pull it yard $200 later and some beer and man hours its looking pretty sweet again ;)finished pics next week

18. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Hey Nick, just noticed you have an "older" fleet there. Do you count on every truck running all storm, every storm, or do you have quite a bit of redundancy factored in there?

19. nicksplowing

every truck,every storm:D all of them have low mileage drivetrains and have either been restored frame off or have been well taken care of ;)heres some pics of them:drinkup:

DSCN0738.jpg

DSCN0740.jpg

yard 2.jpg

brooms 2.jpg

DSCN1018.jpg

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  20. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Good looking fleet. I think I am headed backwards as I grow mine.