1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New beater 84 k20 6.2

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Pjw350, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Pjw350

Pjw350 Junior Member

It was a nice rig. 15k new in 84 is what the paperwork shows.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Our driveway is 1.25 miles long in Michigan so I figured it would be smart to get a backup plow/wood hauler for our Suburban.

[​IMG]

Anyone with any info on this rig would help. 6.2 diesel

What rearend is that?[​IMG]

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

That looks to be a 14 bolt semi floater with 8 lugs. There were two versions available, 6 lug (2500 light duty) and 8 lug (2500 hd)

3. shanta74

shanta74 Member

x2 on the 14 bolt lokks like the 14 with the 9.5 inch ring gear

4. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

what do you wanna know about 6.2l ?

5. Pjw350

Pjw350 Junior Member

Just looking on some basic info on it. There seems to be a loose wire on the glow plug assembly. They didnt go on and then I wiggled the assembly and they came on. Is that rearend any good?

Also if I lifted the truck maybe 4" or so would I have to modify the plow setup?

6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

The 14 bolt semi floater should be fine for a back up truck. I'm looking for a 14bolt semi with 6 lugs for my 1500. The only axle that would swap into that truck easily would be a 14bolt full floater. That axle is probably one of the strongest available from gm for trucks. A lot of offroaders use them.

7. shanta74

shanta74 Member

my 79 k20 has the full floater 14 bolt and alot of miles on it and no problems so far

8. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

looks like that rear end needs some new seals, both sides look like they are leaking. of course then you need new brake pads. good luck with your project.

9. Pjw350

Pjw350 Junior Member

ya it probably needs new seals.

The truck will probably only get about 50 miles on it a year. Im sure there is plenty of stuff that needs attention.