1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Bar and New Brakes

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by kitn1mcc, Apr 13, 2009.

1. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

2. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

also this past saturday did the brakes for the first time they have 198k on the front did the rears last month

3. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

how did u get 200k on a set of rotors we cant
  4. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

well i dont plow with it, i use it as a service and install truck. i have never really gotten on the brakes hard i use the allison great features of slowing down and brakeing far enough back
  5. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

you mean downshift to slow down? I wouldn't try that why risk for break transmission.

almost 200k miles on that brakes wow. Have you drive on Highway lot times?

not bad truck what plow you plan put on this truck?
  6. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

no i dont manually down shift the tranny i just tap the petal and it starts to slow down

i use my freinds truck to plow with when needed. i am usally out during the storm fixing plow or doing the old shovel work
  7. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

The Ally does it automatically Mil

I have done that in my Fords ever since I got an auto tranny

It will easily double the brake life especially pulling trailers

I knida thought of adding an exhaust brake
  8. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

Classic slider pin binding. Make sure you clean the heII outta the hole the pin goes into and the pins, then smear on a good bit of synthetic brake lube. The caliper should move freely on the pins. Good luck with the next 200k! :D
  9. Krieger91

Krieger91 Senior Member

Nice bar, man. Are those flashers or just lights on the back of the toolbox?

Nice rig. Very purdy.
  10. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

yeah i greased the hell out of them

those are strobes on the tool box