1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Backup Lights

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by bersh, Dec 9, 2009.

1. bersh

bersh Senior Member

Bought this bar and light setup from a local guy that makes them. Works pretty well, and he built it to withstand some abuse. He's been running one on his truck for 5 years now, and his dad is going on the 6th season. It just plugs into the trailer plug, folds out of the way to open the tailgait, and is high enough to see but not cause glare or get beat up by backing into banks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

Is that an on-off switch in the middle of the cross bar? When I got to the bottom photo, I wasn't expecting to see it to fold down sideways--maybe straight back.:confused:

Fran

3. deckboys

deckboys Senior Member

thats a good idea....
    my guess would be it folds sideways so he can open the tailgate and not worry about hitting it...

4. bersh

bersh Senior Member

Yes, it folds to allow you to open the tailgait. It's spring loaded with a large nipple/pin to hold it upright. They tried one that folded back and it was a PITA, so he modified it to go sideways. It works very well, and the plus is that if you forget that you folded it and start driving, it's still somewhat snug to the back of the truck.
    That's not a switch, just a sealed wirenut to tie everything together. The lights are triggered from the reverse feed on the 7 pin trailer plug. I'm going to modify it and add a relay so they are fed through the 12v charge wire on the plug.

5. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like a good concept.

6. StormRanger

StormRanger Member
    from NorEast

Hey, that looks really good.

7. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Are they down for doing slopes ???

8. bersh

bersh Senior Member

No sure what you mean. If you mean the picture that I have it folded down, it was just to show how it folds out of the way so you can drop the tailgait. As far as the angle of the lights, I just have them aimed so I can see through both mirrors.

9. AC2717

AC2717 Senior Member

How much,
    that is exactly what I am looking for!!

10. bersh

bersh Senior Member

I paid him $125. If I tell him I have a few guys interested he might cut me a package deal. He used to charge $100 for them and couldn't make them fast enough for locals. Now that I've had a chance to use it a bit I wonder why I waited so long.

11. dj89

dj89 Senior Member
    from wny

I'd like one also an photos or what kinda light it puts out?

12. bersh

bersh Senior Member

I'll take some pics tonight.

13. c.schulz

c.schulz Senior Member

Keep me posted.

Chris

14. bersh

bersh Senior Member

Not the best pics, but gives you an idea of how well they work.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. TLB

TLB Senior Member

Nice fab work, decent lighting too.

16. c.schulz

c.schulz Senior Member

If you would clean away the snow and give us a better pic of how this thing is put together.

Chris

17. bersh

bersh Senior Member

Sorry, but that's about as much detail as I'm willing to show as the guy has worked hard to figure these out and work out the kinks.

18. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Good move he put the time in to figure it out let him reap the benifits. Looks good and priced good, I wanted to also tie into my seven way and make my back-up lights removeable during the off season thanks for posting the pics.