1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Backup Camera

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by bdlawncare, Dec 21, 2011.

1. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

Okay so i just received my back up camera i ordered about a week ago and i am looking to install it on a 2000 ford excursion PSD.

Too give you a little idea of my situation ill post a picture

Okay so thats what im dealing with except for an excursion its going to hold a ariens 2 stage blower for sidewalks and such...

So i am pretty much clueless of where to mount this thing... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.. by the way

http://www.rearviewsafety.com/emergency-vehicle/rvs-770812n-heated-camera.html

Thats the link to the camera don't know if that matters but like i said any info would be very welcome thanks i trust you guys are creative enough to come up with a viable solution!

Attached Files:

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Nice sidewalk plow.

3. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

14 hp.... this thing is no joke... i just ordered the vee blade 4 her.

4. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

nothing? hmm i was thinking maybe on the roof? any ideas?!

5. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

do you have a roof rack on your excursion

6. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

Yes I was thinking mounting it up there? Any downsides to this?

7. randomb0b123

from america

Keeping snow out of it, protecting it

8. fordtruck661

fordtruck661 Senior Member
    from CT

I would put it dead center on the roof then find a bolt with a rubber washer to hold it on the the roof.

9. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

Well the camera is heated so idk if the snow will stay on it, but what do you mean by protect it?

10. skidooer

skidooer Senior Member

I would mount it up high,use some tape to try a few different locations to see what location works the best for you.

11. mike6256

mike6256 Senior Member

The higher the better for these, it will give you a better field of view.

12. randomb0b123

from america

like from wind and so it cant get hurt by anything while your driving or easily stolen by a "canadian"

13. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

i was thinking maybe a go pro surfing mount?

14. JJSLandscape

JJSLandscape Member

magnet mount on a pedestal? like one of the rack to pole mounts for a strobe, they have them on sirennet.com. or im not sure what type of rear doors you have, hatch or barn? but maybe taking the 3rd brake light off, drill it out and bolt the camera high on the top of it and caulk it really well. that way it hides your wiring too, just make sure your still get good view of the brake light