1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New backrack

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by farmerkev, Aug 17, 2009.

1. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Heres a backrack that I built for my truck. The picture makes the logo look a little more squished together than it really is. What do ya guys think?

DSCN4114.JPG

2. ATV Plow King

ATV Plow King Senior Member

Thats looks nice.. Make it your self??

3. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Thanks, and yes, I did.

4. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra Senior Member

that looks sweet, fully custom or did u alter an existing backrack?

5. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Nice to see you got a truck! I like that backrack too. I need another one sometime soon.

6. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

completely home built

You must have missed some threads, lol Ive hed it for over a year. lol

7. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra Senior Member

very nice looking. how much money do u have into building it? and how long did it take?

8. K1500 4x4

K1500 4x4 Senior Member

that rack looks realy cool nice work. i love the bowtie.

9. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Couldnt tell ya how long, as I bought the steel and had it sitting around for a while and worked on it off and on. But Id say it took maybe 2-3 hours to measure, cut and layout the peices, and maybe two hours with the arc welder, then a few hours grinding welds down and sanding some surface rust, then I spent a few evenings painting.

Cost, I have about $60 in steel, had to buy a pack of electrodes for the welder and some grinding blades, and then some paint.