1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New backhoe and metal pless plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by cmo18, Dec 19, 2014.

1. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Finally got a chance to try out the backhoe and new metal pless.

Only received about an 1", so instead of dumping the salt down on some lots I had some extra time and took the backhoe out to scrape up.

I'm am extremely satisfied with our new purchases, backhoe pushes extremely well, has good visibility and pretty comfortable. The metal pless is an excellent plow, this it our 2nd expandable plow and I'd definitely prefer metal pless over our other one. It has more lateral movement to scrape down on uneven surfaces.

2. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

For some reason I can't upload multiple photos

3. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

The end result

4. AtlanticExcavat

AtlanticExcavat Junior Member

where are you in NB?
  5. SnyCo

SnyCo Member

This setup is a goal of mine for next season. Please keep us updated with your results throughout the year.
  6. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

The Pless blade is on my purchase list for next season. I have an old Horst that needs replacing soon and like the scrapping abilities of the pless
  7. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

I know it was only an inch but that looks impressive
  8. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

I'm in Moncton,

Yes it does scrape very well, this is also on a 24/7 truck stop, gas bar and restaurant. I also like how the hydraulics have control valves to adjust the speed of the wings etc.

Our other brand expandable plow has very fast hydraulics, almost hard hitting that cannot be adjusted.

We received another 1/2" yesterday, and a thaw that froze over night. I salted this morning and later on this morning I'm going to go back to the same lot and see how well it scrapes and breaks up ice.