1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new back rack and whelen bar

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by the new boss 92, Jan 31, 2010.

1. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

i would also like to to again thank meallihockey88 for dropping off the back rack yesterday.

IMG_3093.jpg

IMG_3094.jpg

IMG_3095.jpg

IMG_3096.jpg

IMG_3097.jpg

2. the new boss 92

2more for now, im going to get pics later with the plow on at night with all the lights going. i really want some action pictures but there is no snow:cry:

IMG_3098.jpg

IMG_3099.jpg

3. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

very nice truck. you should consider getting the chrome strips that go around the wheel openings. It will look even better.

4. the new boss 92

i had them on there, but 2 were broken and and the other 2 were scratched to hell so i just pulled them. i bought a new box for it 2 weeks ago for it cause its rusting around the wheel wells and its getting a bccc paint job this year!

5. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Looks very, very nice!!!! Get a set of the oem fender flares for it, that will really dress it up!!! I like the use of the old radio spot. Gonna have to do something like that in my Blazer. Got the same pointless spot now since I put in a cd player. That thing sure does have alot of miles on it!!!! Did you ever get those headers installed? Just goes to show you how good the Chevy trucks areussmileyflag

6. the new boss 92

yea inside were the switches and tach are i have a chrome aluminum piece of dimond plat for it i just have to find time, thats on origanal motor, but new trans and rear end. the oil presure is getting low though it will need a motor next year some time, might put together something a little special for her!

7. the new boss 92

you guys talking about the chrome flush mount flares or the actual flairs that stick out a little bit?

8. Sydenstricker Landscaping

If the oil pressure is getting low, prolly just needs an oil pump. My 94 had 180K on it and the pressure started to get low. Just dropped the pan and put in a high volume oil pump. Getting the pan out was the hardest part, oil pump was a piece of cake. That motor may actually not even need rebuilt!!! Those 350's can go a buttload of miles and not need any internals replaced. But a nice built 355 or 383 stroker would be nice too:nod: I am talking about the original plastic flares that stick out a little bit. They are on my 92 and dress it up more and make the big tires look a little better too.

9. the new boss 92

and 4 more for now. i got a lot of pms asking for pictures with the plow on so i will get thoughs in a little bit i have to fix my buddies touno cover for his truck!

IMG_3101.jpg

IMG_3102.jpg

IMG_3103.jpg

IMG_3104.jpg

10. the new boss 92

2nd picture everyting is on, 3rd and 4th are the headers i installed 2 weeks ago. no the motor is shot the blocks donezo in it cause last year when i gave the truck to my dad to put a brand new set of heads on it, he set a small qoil bolt in cylinder 5 and forgot, when we started it he cracked my brand new heads and fed up the 5th cylinder, thats why i havent made up my mind on if i am selling it or buying a motor!

11. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Those headers look real nice in there too!!! Very clean underneath that hood!!! I gotta hand it to you, that is a very well kept truck:drinkup::drinkup: Didnt know the motor was that messed up!!! I would just put another engine in. Those tbi 350's can be had for a dime a dozen. Too nice of a truck to get rid of, imo

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  12. the new boss 92

its got 285's already to!

13. the new boss 92

tanks man i get stopped all the time and people makeme offers at stop lights all the time to!

14. Sydenstricker Landscaping

I got 265's on my 92 and they do fill the wheel wells, lol. That is the only thing I dont like about the 1/2 tons, they sit too low. Nothing a lil body lift or a lil suspension work wont fix!!

15. the new boss 92

funny you say that cause i had lift block in the rear when i bought it, towed a bob cat and boke'em so i took them out and i likt the way it rides and it sits better with the plow on now!

16. Sydenstricker Landscaping

They do ride good, dont get me wrong. But I am used to how a good HD 3/4 ton rides, lol

17. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

geez man, wasted no time on get that rack on and wired up. actually the same exact whelen light i just put on mine. rack looks way better on your truck then mine, actually fits yours, looked goofy on mine :drinkup: now think its time to get some 4 corner strobes to set off that lightbar, forgot to show ya mine :nod:

18. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Thats alotta miles but it looks like you take real good care of it. For being a 92 everything looks clean even the motor

19. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Thats a really clean truck. Everything looks good.

20. the new boss 92

lol, it was all done and working yesterday at about 5 and i didnt start till about 330. im getting whelen 90 watt 4 corners soon probley end of the season and middle of the summer but i need to respray it a darker gray, billet grille and hid head lights i have tail lights for it but i have to smoke them first and then it will be cool, by the time i get this truck all done, i should be rocking a duramax or 12v cummins for an every day drive, just going to be so hard getting rid of my first truck that i ever had expecially scence its rust free southern truck fully under coated and everything is factory! i dont know what im going to do yet with it but im going to be keeping it for a while as of now.