1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New ATV Plow Project

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by EaTmYtAiLpIpEs, Oct 20, 2009.

1. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

Well my buddy bought this quad a 1998 Suzuki 250 4x4 for $300. Only thing is it has no paperwork. But he plans on using it around his yard anyway. So it needed a voltage regulator and a battery so I fixed it for him and he said he wants a plow for it. Well I found him one for $30. It is a 42" wheel horse which is all this quad needs really(im sure someone will disagree lol). And he bought a winch off craigslist for $45 which was brand new in the box. So he is gonna pay me to get it all ready for him. I will post pics of the project on here. In the pics the plow is just laying under it.

2. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

That looks like it will do the job.
  3. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

yep it will. it is a good little machine. it only has 1,310 miles on it.
  4. Deershack

Deershack Senior Member

Up here in MN, I beleive that any ATV must be titled. This applies on public AND private property. That could be a problem with no "paperwork" Can see some potential problems with getting insurance and responding to any lawsuit with using an unlicensed machine.
  5. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

looks good pipes looking foward to the Pics of the plow mount process.

sublime out.
  6. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Not a bad deal on the quad looks clean too. As long as the plow covers the width of the wheels when angle I think that thing will do just fine
  7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

My uncle has one just like that one. When it's in supper low range it's a wicked work horse.
  8. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

i kno haha when I first fixed it i put it in super low to go up a hill and omg lol i wish my 500's had that low of a gear.