1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New ATV Plow Project

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by EaTmYtAiLpIpEs, Feb 3, 2008.

1. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

Well as some of you know I bought a new atv. A 2000 Arctic Cat 500 4x4 auto. And I needed a plow for it. So I posted a wanted ad in craigslist and someone emailed me from about 4-5 miles away from me. Went to go look at it yesterday and I bought it. It is a farmall cub plow. It is 54 inches wide and is very heavy lol. I am eliminating that shock absorber thing on it and I am gonna make it a trip plow. Gonna take a little welding. I am not worried about paint right now. I am gonna take it apart in the spring and sand blast it and bring it to the booth at work and spray it with enamel paint. Here are some pics.

First off This is my dad helping me
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

3. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Cool,
    lets see some more pics once finished

4. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

are you gonna paint the plow

5. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

I am gonna paint it in the spring. just isnt warm enough yet. Plus in the spring I will rip it all apart and sand blast it and paint it,

6. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

I decided I am gonna take the plow off atv tomarrow and paint it since they arent calling for any snow this week. It is done here are some pics. I mean one more thing I have to do it mount the spring for tripping but I wanted to test it out today so I put the absorber back on. Here are the pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

8. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

9. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice work, I definitely want to see some pictures after its painted!

10. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

To make things easier when we used to have a plow on an ATV we would shut off the gas and 2 people would just lift the front up and stand it up on the rear bumper. Much easier than laying on your back.

11. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

Ya that would have been easier. I was gonna put a hook in the ceiling in a stud and I was gonna hook the winch up to it and raise it but I decided not to.

12. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

Here is it all apart AGAIN because I am painting it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

14. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

Looks goodwesport we need some pics of it moving some snow now!
    are you planning on a power lift/angle for the plow?

15. chev_4x4

chev_4x4 Senior Member

Looks great, and awesome fab work. I like how you got it going on the quad. One question though is why switch the trip spring method?? I always subscribe to if it ain't broke don't fix it. Can't wait to see it all together and pushin snow

16. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

Well that spring on it doesnt trip. That's why I am going to switch it. IDK when I will have a pic of it pushing snow maybe tomarrow they might be calling for something during the day. And on the angling question I would like to get a auto swiveling thing but I dont wanna spend $200 on it. I have a winch to raise it up and down.

17. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

This would have been a good post for the "New" ATV Snow Removal Forum! :nod:

18. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

All painted and put back together except for top expansion bar thing. I need to get 4 more carriage bolts at tractor supply and I will take a ride up there after dinner and buy a pount of them just so I have them. Tell me what you think of it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

just hope that those brackets welding to the tubing under the quad hold up to stress and pressure while plowing .... Lookin pretty, pretty good ...

20. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Now that thing looks nice!! Great work.