1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New at needing sub. Help please!

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by gardenkeeper88, Nov 20, 2005.

1. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 Senior Member

I am going to need some help this year & I don't know how to find a good sub.:confused: What do you do as contract between each other? What percentage of the hourly rate do you pay? Also I just heard that A Landscape company in my town that had 4 Plowtrucks isn't plowing this year. Would you advise me try to get more of thier sites and more subs. Don't know how reliable subs have work out. are they better than the employees of summer? Also Our rates in this area are alot less than a lot of u. We are on the high end @ $60.00 per hour. A lot work for $35. -$40.
    Thanks in advance!!!!!

JKOOPERS Senior Member

i do some subing a a huge co here in st. louis and i wont even start my truck for less than $65 a hour period.
  3. smoothbore2004

smoothbore2004 Member
    from Indiana

hey garden the thing i do is find a cpl of guys that are looking for work with there plow truck and explain that you can use them but they need to get there own plow insurance now this is different than your regular truck insurance. Once they commit to getting there own insurance have them supply you with a certificate of insurance and that comes from the insurance company itself so you know its legit. Then once the snow starts to fall you call and see what there availablility is and send them to whatever accts you need done. Hope this helps

Hey Garden, What Area Are You In? I'm In Goshen/elkhart Area.