1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Artic V BLade

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DP Property, Jun 16, 2009.

1. DP Property

DP Property Senior Member

Hi Guys ,

Hope your all having a great sprng / summer. I just got a new truck 2006 F-350 crewcab powerstroke 6.0 deisel. My meyers stl-7.5 that was on the expedition is going. I have sold expedition, Looking at plows for the new truck. I am going Artic as we have a local dealer who seems to offer good support. He is only bringing in a few of the new Artic V blades. The standard heavy duty poly artic blade is 5200.00 dollars the New V blade is 6200.00. I want to know if any of you have an Artic V blade and is it worth the extra grand to go this way. I am trying to decide if I should commit to buying a V blade before it's too late and there is none.

Thanks
    David
    DP Property Maintenance

2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I don't have a Artic V but I will say in most applications a new V is worth $1000 more. The only time I prefer a true straight blade is when plowing roads when I think a straight blade hold up better.

3. DP Property

Thanks Flipper I have ordered the V Blade it should be in soon once it is on the truck will post pictures. Also the new style is all galvenized dip so I found out im getting the new style a bonus I did not expect.

4. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

i would have gone with the V too. i prefer V blades over straight blades just becuase we have accounts that you cannot do without one. i always hear people say if you cant plow with a straight blade you shouldnt be plowing. now while i agree that just about any job can be done with a straight blade. what happens when you cant and say man it would be nice to have a V plow... its nice to look down and see oh i do have a V blade. lol

but i got no feedback on artic. but the V is the way to go.

5. DP Property

F-350 going for ARtic V blade install in the morning

Well Boys

shipment came in on Friday. I am taking my truck in monday morning for the install. I am sticking with the Artic even after all the debates. It's here there putting her on. Will post pictures soon.

http://www.arcticsnowplows.com/english/prod_sheets/hdvte-p.pdf

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The blade looks pretty good, hope it works well. I would go for the joystick over the handheld if you have a choice but that's JMO.

7. DP Property

Hey Dave ,

it's got the galvenized finish also so I guess I am one of the first to try this new idea out. I have a good welder he can weld it with forced air helmut if it ever has to be welded.

I asked those buggers about the joystick control also because I think it would be wicked and much faster then the handheld controls. The dealer said oh the joystick is old controls and a pain in ass...lol. I think I will be ordering one and try it for myself it comes standard with the handheld and I get the upgraded better lights automatic. The standard artic lights are crap so they automatic give you the upgrades.

I'm off for the install at 8 am going to be neat to see the new work truck have the last edition. I have replaced all my equipment this year after 7 years..ouch. Everything will be new hope to get another 7 years.

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Funny, everyone else charges more for a handheld, post pics when you get a chance.

9. DP Property

Artic plow installer called in sick...argg

Hey Dave

The darn installer called in sick monday morning, truck now is going in on thursday morning will be posting pictures then.

10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Damn and it's suppose to snow tonight. ;)

11. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Damn, I was hoping to see the pics.