1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Artic or Used Western????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ilhmt, Oct 17, 2003.

1. ilhmt

ilhmt Member

After a lengthy search I finally found a good used plow for my '95 Dodge 1500 4x4. He has a used Western for $2500 installed. It's a 2 year old Poly 7' 6" unit.
    He called today and offered to install a NEW Artic plow 7' 6" steel plow for $2850 instead if I prefered to go that route. Any advice?

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

The Western poly is a nice unit.I'd probably go with it as parts are probably more readily available.The price on the new Arctic sounds pretty cheap,is it a lightweight unit or something ?

3. turfguy

turfguy Member

used plow

I would go the route with the western plow. I have one and I love it . strong durable easy to get parts for too! trust me western makes an awsome product

4. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

If you have good dealer support with the Arctic and a decent warranty I'd give one a try.

If not get the Western,
    Mark K