1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new ariens snowblower problem with wheel drive

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by plower13, Dec 16, 2007.

1. plower13

plower13 Junior Member

brand new ariens 6hp snowblower only one wheel spins and pulls the unit to one side.we barely got any snow but what the plow put up into the driveway i tried it out for the first time and it didnt seem right shouldnt both wheels spin??
  2. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

well i couldn't't answer that, but my ariens is coming today when i put it together and test it i let you know, but they should both spin in my opinion
  3. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

If it is built like the 9 hp unit,

Both wheels will drive if you place the clevis clips on each axle end through the wheel and axle. Through the axle only let's that side spin freely. One wheel clipped gives easier turning and one wheel drive.
  4. plower13

plower13 Junior Member

thanks for the response,yea i took a look at it last nite and stuck the pin threw the other hole to lock the axle much better,even tho theres no snow to rip threw:mad: