1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Angle Rams Aftermarket or Meyers?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by HeavyD, Dec 31, 2009.

1. HeavyD

HeavyD Member

Well am considering new angle rams (mine are pitted) and have found the new MEYERS Rams to be $135 ea and Aftermarket Rams to be $75-85 ea. I have found so far that my Original Meyers parts have lasted a very log time..I have replaced aftermarket stuff over and over...coils, valves etc......So..are all rams created equal ? Quality of Chrome etc. ?
    Thanks ! &
    Happy New Year !

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I've used many aftermarket angle cylinders and they're surprisingly one of the few aftermarket components I've never had an issue with and don't hesitate to use.

3. HeavyD

HeavyD Member

Thanks, I really appreciate the info...you saved me a ton of money :)

4. Reliable Snow and Ice

Reliable Snow and Ice Senior Member

but then again you can and will never go wrong with OEM parts

but I bought mine for 85 a piece 1.5x12

135 you might want to keep looking around

5. HeavyD

HeavyD Member

Where did you find them for $85 ?????? I need 1 x 10 ram

6. Reliable Snow and Ice

well more than likely it's a 1.5x10 and go to the web site central parts ware house.com they are in tinley park Ill and they are listed for 80 and some change meyer OEM rams

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

$80 rams are not Genuine Meyer. CPW only uses the OEM p/n for identification purposes. OEM Meyer 1 1/2" x 10" rams are currently running around $180-$200.

8. Reliable Snow and Ice

well they work and cost 80 and they are new so...

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

However they are not OEM for $80 as you were misleading HeavyD to believe.

10. Reliable Snow and Ice

well i bought them and they sure look like OEM to me... look 100% the same as the one's i took off and they were OEM. but then I'n not the manufacturer so to be sure i can't tell maybe he can buy them and send them to the Meyer company and have them tell him if they made them or not..... and they say Meyer on them so if there not OEM then CPW is braking the law by selling parts that are made to believe are OEM and that are not.... boy i sure would like to be the guy getting that check from that law suit

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  11. Reliable Snow and Ice

ok just went to the Meyer web page and CWP is a featured retailer on OEM parts.... all that from the the main people that make the dam things

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Did they have a shiny bright "Meyer Power Angle" decal right in the center of the cylinder body?

Plenty of the aftermarket parts sellers out there have you believe they're selling ONLY OEM parts...

13. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

CPW does not sell OEM angle cylinders for $80. If you look in the catalog it says the CPW part # replaces the OEM part #. I don't believe that they even sell the OEM cylinders.

14. Reliable Snow and Ice

ok i was wrong they must be made be the Chinese still work fine for me tho

15. HeavyD

HeavyD Member

Thanks for the research & clarification guys. The $135 ea was quoted from Storks in Penna. They have some aftermarket ones for sale for $85-90 now on Ebay.
    Heavy D