1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New and would like some info!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by MrLank, Sep 15, 2010.

1. MrLank

MrLank Junior Member

Was going to look at getting a plow and spreader for the winter to do some sub contracting. I own a 2007 F350 diesel. I'm not looking to go the cheapest there is, but would just like some options.

2. msu1510

msu1510 Senior Member
    from MI

i have had boss western and blizzard plows. i would recammend a 1)blizzard 2)boss and did not like the western as much and that one seemed to have the most problems over the years. good luck

3. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

I use all blizzard and I like the snow ex tailgate spreaders. How much salting are youlooking to do

4. MrLank

MrLank Junior Member

I suppose as much as needed of me. Is there a certain type of salt that I need to use for residential drive-ways?

5. nekos

nekos Senior Member

Depending on where you sub a salt spreader might not even be needed. The larger and more established companies will most likely have larger salt trucks. I would hold off on the spreader until you find out if you need it or not.