1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new and need some thoughts

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by shearsbrothers, Jan 23, 2011.

1. shearsbrothers

shearsbrothers Junior Member

hey guys. im new to the site and im 17 years old. im getting a new truck soon. either an 05-08 f250 or an 04-07 silverado 2500. i am looking to get a western pro plus and im just curious about the plow sizes. ive been told that on an f250 i would need an 8'6" to clear the tires when the plows angled. since the price isnt much different for a 9', do you think i should just go with that? is there a difference in pushing an 8'6" opposed to pushing a 9'?
    thanks for any input!
  2. shearsbrothers

shearsbrothers Junior Member

also i have about 15 accounts now using a snowblower and im getting a plow so that next year i may be able to add a few small lots on two.
  3. LJS

LJS Junior Member

go with 9

definately go with the 9 ft plow. and 8.6 is good to start off with because they usually tend to be cheaper and are easier to manuever. However, if you feel confident using a bigger plow and have the money to spend definately get the 9 ft. I have an 8 ft, didnt like the size, upgraded to an 8.6, was good, but now I'm running a 9 ft and is really good to work with