1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New and need help quick!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Lovethebizz, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Lovethebizz

Lovethebizz Junior Member
    from IOWA

Hey guys i normally do lawncare but now i am going into snow removal for something to do during the winter. As of right now i have a 21' toro blower and a Grizzley 700 (atv) with a 50' plow on it. I was wondering how you bid a driveway bye length and width and also how much you charge as the height of snow goes up. If anyone could help me that would be great. Also include prices on sidewalks and what not. I was thinking maybe you did it bye how many feet and also the depth of snow! Thanks alot....logan:waving:
  2. TorontoTN

TorontoTN Junior Member
    from Toronto

I would go with a fixed sum no matter what less headache no arguments everbody is happy!!!
  3. spittincobra01

spittincobra01 Senior Member

First YOU need to decide a few things...

what will be your trigger?
    how long will it take you to do the job, and what is your time worth less expenses?
    and what is the average rate in your area?

for my first couple jobs, I called another company and got an estimate on mine and my sisters driveways. I know it was dirty pool, but it gave me an idea of what to charge and then after I figured in the rest I was all set
  4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Best advice would be for you to go the "Bidding and Estimating" forum below and spend some time researching threads.
  5. SLLNorth

SLLNorth Member

This is the best advice you will get out of this thread!!