1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new and have a few questions.....

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by tylersrecon, Mar 4, 2010.

1. tylersrecon

tylersrecon Junior Member
    from VA

hey everyone, well as you can see i'm new..... after all the snow that we have had here in VA this winter i am deciding to get a plowl for my honda recon..... i'm not just gonna make this post and never show up again (I'm an admin at quite a few sites) ..... so where to start? What type of plowl? what is the cheapest/best bang for your buck? i dont have the money for a winch so do i have to have one? give me all the tips you can!!! Thanks in advance!!!

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I have a feeling after all the snow some people got they will think they are gonna make a fortune next year plowing....what if it doesn't snow?
    Most people plow for years to make money or to break even....some years there is no snow to plow
    Dealer service and support is more important then brand when it comes to plows
  3. Gumpy52

Gumpy52 Member

I think your talking about a Honda Atv. Recon, a plow for it will run about $400 plus $125 for a manual lift or $150 for an electric winch. Check out e-bay for plows, their are so good prices on them, just watch out what shipping cost are , some sellers lower the plow price but make it up on shipping.
  4. Gumpy52

Gumpy52 Member

If you are planning on putting a plow on a Honda Pick-up, good luck. Plan on spending $3500 to $4500 for something that will be any good.
  5. tylersrecon

from VA

yeeeah a honda atv..... i have chains and everything now i just need a plowl
  6. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

I'm with Hydro. Last year we had so much snow that it was hard to keep up with it. This year, we have had 2 plowable snows to date while everybody else was in snow heaven or hell, which ever you prefer.
  7. Letusspray

Letusspray Junior Member

What I've learned on this site..

Tyler, how much of an area do you need to clear snow from? That's a big question. I live in VA and was thinking along the same lines you are. However, after some wise counsel on this site I've come to the conclusion that for next season it may be wiser to invest in a single stage snow thrower before making the jump to a plow. :cool: As Hydo stated, we may not get the volume of snow next season that we did this year in our area, and if so, it will be a lot easier to store a compact blower rather than an ATV plow - not to mention having to purchase a winch as well.

Let Us Spray Power Washing :salute:
    Henrico, VA
    Col. 3:23
  8. tylersrecon

from VA

hey everyone i appreciate all the replys! i have a qtr mile long driveway.... lol yeah i know..... my snowblower is a pain to lug around.... and i want to make money with my plowl... like plowl my neighbors driveways (it takes all day with a snowblower).... i really dont care how much snow we get, i live in northern va so we get a good amount.