1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New all time low and what a beatch!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Was called today to give an estimate for a residential driveway in a really nice area. So I stop by and see what must have been close to a 800ft "U" shaped driveway and garage doors facing west with another 50x20 area that would need back dragged away from the garage doors then pushed to the back. I go to the door and long story short she must have been in a huge rush because when I started telling her whoever she gets will have to back drag the garage doors, bla, bla she interrupts me and says "yeah, yeah, yeah I'm waiting for a phone call whats up". I gave her a price and of course she says wow thats a lot She's an attorney, I should have said to her, I'm sure you rape people every day but I didn't :mad: She calls back about 20 minutes later and apologizes, she said something about a kid in day care bla,bla but she got quotes of 20 bucks for the loop and 30-35 for everything.....have at it.

2. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

LOL...

My prices doubles if my 1st impression is that they are rude, hateful etc. as its not worth my time to deal with them anyway.

3. gwhalen3

gwhalen3 Member

Soooo did you get it and what was your bid?

4. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

I would hope that he did not get the contract, said 20 bucks for the drive, 30-35 for all of it? I would think that to get it he would had to bid 10-15 for the loop and 15-20 for the whole thing. Person would get rich off that, if it were 1910 again.

5. gwhalen3

gwhalen3 Member

People are funny sometimes. They ll say whoa that's alot higher than the others I've gotten and then say alright go ahead and do it. I think they just try to see how you'll react. I always just sit there looking at them with a smile quietly or say wow that's alot of work out there ya know. Until they say something respectable to me. I always get the job.

6. Brian Young

Yeah I got it and at 15 bucks....I showed them :gunsfiring: LOL my bid was 55 bucks and that was only because we do about 10 other's within 3 minutes of driving and a few commercial's in the area. I know one of the "companies" she called and I don't know, he still runs around in a very rough looking 1998 F150 and a beat to hell 7.5ft Western plow wobbling on the front of it.

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

BY,your bid is low even by my standards.

8. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Please Don't take Offense to this........But, you are starting to sound like Ramair...:laughing:....Just Kidding around

I have come to the conclusion that people don't give a S&^t about service its all about price....Then when the Low-priced contractor Bombs out it becomes more about service....

9. Brian Young

LOL I know right! I thought I was giving her a great price. Next thing ya know, she'll want it plowed every 6+ inches at that price. I certainly don't want or need people who act like that any ways. I'm sure she would be the type to haggle about how many times you were there then pay about 60 day's later and try to intimidate you because SHE'S A LAWYER well whoppidy doo!

10. Brian Young

???? why does Ramair b!tch a lot about pricing? well who doesn't,lol I could care less if I got it, we're past capacity now but it would have fit in well but I was just pissed she acted like a complete b1tch, she called me. Whatever

11. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

I think he means that ramair bitches about everything.

12. SiLlY

SiLlY Member

I have one customer that sucks up all my patience and leaves none for the others. I don't have room for anymore freebies or hassles. lol..

13. Brian Young

LOL.....ouch! :laughing:

14. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Hes bidding per push not them SEASONALS your used to up there!!! Thumbs Up

15. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Google Earth a pix of this driveway.

Seasonals are good for me,good for you!