1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new Alaska member and I need help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Ironartist, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Ironartist

Ironartist Junior Member

I am putting a old meyers plow on an old ford dually and need to know a couple heights. I need a connecting pin height from level ground and need a distance from connecting pin to the lift pivot point. My customer thinks the upper and lower carrages are connected and I see there is not even the room for the pump and all
    Thank you and have a great NEW YEAR to all

11-29-09 (Medium).jpg

2. Ironartist

Ironartist Junior Member

bump

Do any of the meyers guys know how to run a tape measurer, I know someone out there can

3. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome to the site. Sorry I can't help you out.

4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

did you post this in the meyer section also?

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Shoot for 10.5" on the plow to truck pin connections as measured from the ground to the pin centerline.

6. Ironartist

Ironartist Junior Member

Thank you

Now that gives me a starting point anyone got a measurement form there to either point at pump, preferably the lower mounting location(where the pump mount to that twisted piece of angle mid way upper frame in the pic) then I'd have it whipped

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

In your pic it appears that the lower pump mount is still there? Tough to see for sure.

8. Ironartist

Ironartist Junior Member

your correct

The pump mounts are there but there needs to be a seperation between upper and lower brackets. He says the upper section framework connects to the lower framework at the plow pin connections, I don't feel thats right. It doesn't look to be enought for pump and piviting arm plus some chain. It's blocked 8" off the ground, see where the lights are they are way too low artn't they?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  9. Ironartist

Ironartist Junior Member

no sir just repair section

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The lower to upper pump mount locations appear ok judging by the pic. Perhaps the mount is for a "shorter" truck so thats why the light mounts are so low. I can't tell in the pic if the mount has been modified currently or its still all as original.

11. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

do you have the lift arm? the arm goes in the upper hole and the cylinder goes in the lift arm.

12. Reliable Snow and Ice

Reliable Snow and Ice Senior Member

well first off you dont have all the parts to the frame