1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Additions and Changes to PlowSite.com!

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Sean Adams, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Sean Adams

Sean Adams Member

In the past 24 hours we have made some significant changes, additions, and improvements to the site. Hopefully the changes made will improve the site, allow members to find what they are looking for, allow new members to find answers tot heir questions and allow for continued growth of the Original and largest Snow & Ice Forum on the Internet.

Changes, Additions, Improvements...

1. Support Forum now has a forum where you can read the rules of the site, get answer to frequently asked questions, and easily contact administration and ownership. There is also the option to discuss support questions with other members here as well.

2. A new forum added was the "Announcement Forum". In this forum administration will post important information about the site, sponsors, give aways, etc...

3. A new major forum - Beginner's Forum - was added. In this forum is a "New To This Industry" section. Here is where people new to the business or thinking about getting in the business will post thier questions. It will amke it easier for them to find what they are looking for and give ample opportunity for site pros to lend a helping hand.

4. The Snow Plowing Main Forum is now called "Snow & Ice Forums" - only made sense.

5. Within the "Snow & Ice Forums" are now the following sub-forums:
    Commercial Snow Removal (formerly only Snow Plowing), Ice Management, Non-Commercial Snow Removal (for home owners seeking advice from pros), Pictures Forum, and the new addition of the "Storm Pictures". By having multiple options this should keep all the forums flowing smoothly and keep everyone organized so it will be easier to navigate the site.

6. We added a separate "Business Forum", again only made sense. In this forum are the following sub-forums:Elements of Business (discussing taxes, marketiing, routing, management, etc...), Bidding & Estimating (again, to clear up the Snow Removal Forum and make it easy for people to find information about what to charge, etc..), and a "Networking Forum" (where members can get together to discsus specific areas of the country and lend a helping hand to toher members when needed.

7. We still have the separate Truck Discussion Forum consisting of forums for Ford, Chevrolet, Dodge, and all light import trucks.

8. A new addition to the site is the "Industry Equipment Forums". Inside this forum we have sub-forums for members to discuss specific brands with oneanother, including SnowSport, Blizzard, Western, Meyer, Diamond, Boss and Fisher. These forums are set up specifically for members to discuss this specific brand name with oneanother. These forums are not for bashing these companies or contacting them directly.

9. We have also set up an "Equipment MarketPlace" where members can list products, equipment and trucks they have for sale at no charge. There is also a "Dealers Forum" located within where dealers can post things they have to offer.

10. "Other Topics" is where you will find the "Sweeper Forum", the "Test Forum" and of course, the ever popular "Off Topic Forum".

Hopefully these changes, additions and improvements will have a positive impact on the site as a whole.

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to let us know!

2. brunosplace

brunosplace Senior Member

Truck forum

Hey Sean, any chance of adding a Jeep section under truck forum?, as there are a number of us who use them on here. Thanks.

3. Sean Adams

Sean Adams Member

Ask and you shall receive....some of the time. Enjoy the new "Jeep Forum"!

4. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Never mind, I spoke to soon....Rob

Last edited: Apr 4, 2005
  5. rico

rico Member

new forum

Sean,

How about one for pull plows in the Industry Equipment Forums. I know there many companies that make them but not a lot of information about them.

Thanks

6. brunosplace

brunosplace Senior Member

Thank You

Thanks for the Jeep Forum, it is appreciated :waving:

7. Ken1zk

Ken1zk Senior Member

Hey Sean
    Nice work on the changes resulting in the better organization of Plowsite. Could you add a Sno-way forum to Industry Equipment Forums?
    Thanks
    Ken

8. makplow

makplow Senior Member

I purchesed a Curtis plow in Worcester about four weeks ago at the Curtis factory outlet. While I was waiting for my plow to be finnished, I was talking with the assitant sales manager, I told him about plowsite, so he looked it up on the computor. He was impressed with the site, and said he was going to send an E mail to one of the Curtis brothers. I hope he does. Thanx Mak :salute:

9. damguy

damguy Junior Member

Hi Sean,

Have you ever thought about an ATV Forum? I think this is a market that's going to blossum in the future. So many run of the mill units and just now some coming out with hydraulics. Almost evryone who buys an ATV from the northern states buys a plow and they all look like they're made by the same people. I see several people on this site use them for sidewalks etc. What do you say?

Damguy

10. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 Senior Member
    from Ohio

WANTED FORUM then people dont have to post in for sale and other forums, works great on another forum im on

11. makplow

makplow Senior Member

Sean, Do you think we could get Curtis plow added to the industry equipment forum? THANKS MAK..