1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Addition To The Fleet For Next Year

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by nicksplowing, Mar 17, 2008.

1. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

1983 CHEVY SILVERADO ITS A BEAST 350 GM CRATE MOTOR 29K ON IT WITH RECEIPTS, TURBO 400 TRANSwesport AND 205 TRANSFER CASE, DANA 60'S FRONT AND BACK WITH 4.56 GEARSwesport OUTTA PUSH AND PULL REALLY WELL. WERE GONNA REPLACE THE ROCKERS AND DRIVER SIDE FLOOR AND A COUPLE PANELS ON THE BED THEN SOME FRESH WHITE PAINT ON HER I WILL POST THE RESTORE PAID $700 FOR IT CANT GO WRONG:D:drinkup:

1983 chevy 4x4.jpg

1983 chevy 4x4 4.jpg

1983 chevy 4x4 3.jpg

1983 chevy 4x4.jpg 1.jpg

1983 chevy 4x4.jpg 2.jpg

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

badass mang!!!!!

3. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

so whats that make now nick twenty trucks?

get er' done and congrats on the newest worka.

got to ask ya though. looking at the pics it looks like a very condensed neighborhood with side by side little houses.
    where do you park all them there trucks?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Are you sure about that Nick? Looks like a 208 T-case shifter in the pic.

Hard to tell by the pics but doesn't looked like D60 sized front hubs either...might want to double check.

Good purchase regardless...their getting tougher and tough to find. :)

5. nicksplowing

HEY B&B YEA DEFINITELY A 205 CASE AND MY APOLOGIES CORPORATE 12 BOLT UP FRONT:salute:WE PULLED THE COVERS TODAY AND THE BACK HAS AN AUBURN LOCKER WITH RICHMOND GEARS FRONT IS A STANDARD DIFF:drinkup:

THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS GUYS:waving:

6. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Have you ever seen the inside of a truck after the year 2000, lol just kidding. Thats when the were built solid!

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

So it's cast iron T-case, not aluminum? Some one must have swapped it in, it's definitely looks like a 208 shifter judging by the pic (little tough to see though). Just wanted to be sure so if you did a fluid change on it you got the correct fluid in it. The 208's dont run long with gear lube in them. :salute:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  8. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Nice looking truck Nick. Chevy doesnt make them that tough anymore and its a shame. Ive thought about selling my 99 and getting an 80's K10 or K20

9. nicksplowing

hey b&b yea definitely a cast 205 and further digging tonite not a true 3500 someone put this together so far so good checking it out completely...... dual tanks even work:drinkup:

thx abes i love the old ones and yes i have never owned anything past 99 obs lol wesport

10. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

I thought the same thing. Looks like a 208 shifter to me.

205 shift pattern
    4 lo
    N
    2 hi
    4 hi

208 shift pattern
    2 hi
    4 hi
    n
    4 lo

11. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

the oldies just look tough wesport

12. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Nice truck

13. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Hmmmm 20 Chevy's or you could have just bought 10 Fords and got the same amount of work done.:D Nice truck though.

14. Niteman9

Niteman9 Senior Member

If you are looking for a plow I have an complete Fisher speedcast 7 1/2' for that body style Chevy. It has the electric under hood pump.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  15. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Nice Nice! Man, you've got quite the amount of trucks... Do you actually work all of them every storm or have a few kickin around just in case one breaks...I just bought my first used truck the other day.. 95 F-250 w/ only 86,000 KM. hope she will do well... maby old trucks are the ticket.

16. nicksplowing

thx for the comments guys except jd:waving::drinkup:

niteman: thanks for the offer but im a meyer lover :drinkup:

tripleL: yes all the trucks go out we have 45 commercial lots that we take care of , i love the old trucks so much easier to fix when in a pinchwesport

P.S. A PLACE TO WORK ON THEM IS ALWAYS A GOOD THING ALSO !!!!!!!!

000_1390.jpg

100_0506.jpg

17. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Nick, where the heck are you finding these deals on the old iron?? I would kill to have another 84 K20. Had one with 350/400 D44 front, 14bolt rear, NP205 transfer case. That truck was a tank, bought it when I was 14. That new truck looks real nice!!! 700 bucks is one heck of a steal on that thing

18. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Holy Nick, your tool box is almost as big as you!:D

19. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Wow sweet shop, those are some big toolboxes!

20. nicksplowing

thx again guys for the comments well except jd's of coursetymusic

hey tom i found this one on craigslist guy was 1000 firm but i sensed his need for money and put 700 on the hood and he took it:drinkup:

deere thx the shop definitely is a huge plus is a snow removal business nothing like being warm having the tools and a lift to fix something in the middle of a storm