1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New addition to blizzard

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by firelwn82, Oct 27, 2008.

1. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Guess what I'm pleased to be testing out. Oh your gonna be jumpin for joy. :D

It's a hand held controller for the blizzard 810. Oh yes I said HAND HELD CONTROLLER. Check out the pictures. The wording was not changed because it's the only one ever made so far. I'm told it will be in production in 4-6 weeks though. This look like a V-plow controller by the way it's worded but I guarantee you IT'S FOR THE 810.

The scoop button makes the wings come out at the same time, you can stop it at straight or go until the full scoop. L=Left - R= Right of coarse. Left wing top left is left wing out, Bottom left is for Left wing in and visa versa for the right side. Up is up and down is down. The Vee button does the reverse of Scoop obviously.

The only thing that is not on the controller is the light switch for the plow lights. This was over looked on this proto type. That will be fixed in the production I'm told though.

This is awesome. This is built by Universal Plow Controls. There advertised with all the adds up top. Awesome people to deal with so far.

Handheld plow controller 004.jpg

Handheld plow controller 003.jpg

Handheld plow controller 005.jpg

Handheld plow controller 006.jpg

2. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

The Nimelas were working with them on a prototype back in 2004/2005. Production costs at the time were going to make it prohibitive. I'm glad the guys at universal decided to continue on there own. There controls are very intuitive.

Did they make the power switch a three way for the power hitch? Pict's pretty blurry but that's what it looks like.

J

3. firelwn82

Thats a 10-4 Jerre. I think 1position is the all plow power middle is power off and 2 is power hitch mode. So far I like it besides the minor things I mentioned already. Still no snow to actually work with it for long periods of time but just tooling around with it I like it.

4. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

Looks real similair to a standard wide-out controller.

5. Jerre Heyer

Actually they made them so that they work the way that most guys run the power plows.

One button, one function.

The both wings scoop or both wings retract is nice but it doesn't help when you're doing precision work with one side and don't want to screw with the other side.

When you hit a button you get instant response.

You know I'll take 10 of them so let the universal guys / gals know. Light switch or not.

J

6. firelwn82

Jerre, I'm not sure if your referring to the Western controller or this universal controller when you say that both wings come out together? With the Universal controller you have the option. You can operate one or both. I have not seen a wide out controller so I just wanna clear that up for anyone that may read it and be confused.

I will let them know you want 10 for sure.

7. Jerre Heyer

The western / fisher version works just like the V plow does.

The upper left is scoop for both wings,
    The upper right is retract for both wings
    The lower left is left wing switching from in to out to in
    The lower right is right wing switching from in to out to in

The universal has each wing individual button out on top and in on bottom
    They also put an upper center scoop and a lower center retract.

The lift lower is the center switch.

This same control will work with the boss and fisher and western V's with an adapter kit. I saw they were starting on them but hadn't had the opportunity to order one and start a wire pin out on one.

J

8. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Concept looks real good, now to make an additional function to make one wing scoop and the other completely extended, as the plow angles, ala speedwing

9. firelwn82

Its in there already. Like mentioned before the center top and bottom buttons move both wings simultaneously in and out by holding it down, release the button when you want the wings to stop. then you can turn the blade left or right with the center left and right buttons.

Maybe I should get some video of the blade and controller in action.

10. kmwharley

kmwharley Member

firelwn82 shoot me a pm about where you are at, I am in Waterford and wouldn't mind comming by and checking that out.

11. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

I understand what you are saying, what I meant was with a single function switch be able to angle, scoop one wing and extend the other, sort of a hyper mode if you will, maybe with a few diodes and such, from the angle buttons to the wing function wires, with a switch so plow could angle normal, or in the 'hyper mode' Just thinkin out loud.

I think the handheld looks great, what a lot of guys have been crying for for a long time.

12. firelwn82

From what I have heard thats how the Western and fisher versions are and people don't like it at all. I guess you never know if the wing is gonna fold in or push out. I wouldn't like that feature at all in my opinion.

13. SnowDozers

SnowDozers Member

I want one now.

14. firelwn82

Just bringing back the thread to the top. Still have not been able to use it accept for demoing it. Hopefully in the next week or two we will have some snow. :D

15. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

The company making them is 10 miles from my house. I will be there waiting the day they release them to the public.

16. firelwn82

Hell yeah man. These guys are good people to deal with, I was impressed with this proto type for sure.

17. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

Well I will take one for the Service truck and maybe one for the Speed wing but the other will be keeping the shoebox as I like having the spreader controls on the side for one handed operation of all snow fighting gear. But we all know how I am.

Ron G.

18. ff1221

ff1221 PlowSite.com Addict

Will a handheld be available for the speed wing, I have the touch pad, but the ding dongs have the up and down backwards, I would love a handheld like my fisher.

19. firelwn82

Um yeah all of Blizzards controls are like this. I like it better cause its more natural. up for up and down for down, just makes sence. Took some getting use to but hey.

20. Jerre Heyer

hold it the other way and change your green and blue wires out of your touch pad