1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new addidtion

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by topdog, Mar 22, 2006.

1. topdog

topdog Member
    from indiana

I got this yesterday. 01 dodge 2500 32k miles on it. got it for 14k (owners pay off). was from a person who works with my mother in law (1 owner). I was worried about getting a second truck for this year since my 94 chevy 2500 has around 140k miles on it. Figure just a matter of time before it will start needing some major repairs.

trucks 001 2.JPG

2. Jbowe

Jbowe Senior Member

Milage

Hey Topdog,
    You got a good deal on your truck and I don't think I would worry to much about the milage. My 96 went 290,000 and was still running good when I changed out the motor last year. The motor I put in was from a newer truck with 42000 on it. I decided on a motor that was from a wreck rather then a rebuild because I feel factory is always better then reman. Good luck with the new truck. I would not own anything but dodge. PS I just bought a new Hemi and I just love the truck but it will never see a plow.

3. topdog

topdog Member
    from indiana

Thanks. I hope it does last at least a couple more seasons. I change all the fluids each season, and do as much preventive maintance i can. Now with the second truck, and not worrying about it being in the shop. I plan on putting the chevy in the shop in a couple months, and haveing all the front end, & shocks gone over and replace what needs to be. I was just really worried about it breaking down, and being down 2 or 3 days. Now with two trucks it takes a lot of stress off.

4. topdog

topdog Member
    from indiana

here's my chevy truck

trucks 002 1.JPG

5. topdog

topdog Member
    from indiana

what the heck here's my wife's sport track also.

trucks 003 1.JPG

6. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Have Cummins reman the engine- than it's factory and essentially new. (plus they will correct any issues that have developed others may not be aware of...)

Sounds like a good deal on the 01. Nice looking truck too.... I like chrome on the rockers.