1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Accounts

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jbis1782, Oct 19, 2009.

1. jbis1782

jbis1782 Member

When is a good time to start trying to get new commercial and industrial snow accounts.
    Thank you
  2. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

About a few months ago.
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

4. big acres

big acres Senior Member

says it all... you will have to knock on a lot of doors to find any big stuff that isn't locked up.
  5. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Most of what's left now is the price shoppers and procrastinators. I just picked up a nice one here, came as a referral from a current customer. Proof that there's still a few good ones out there here and there, but most of what's left isn't worth the time...

If you don't have a solid route locked up yet, it may be time to start thinking about subbing this year... Or working for USM... :laughing:
  6. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

Do you have WC and Ins?????
  7. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

You definitely missed the boat..............
  8. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

As before the late comers are usually price shopping or procrastinators...
  9. jbis1782

jbis1782 Member

I know it is to late for this year. I have some government contracts for schools and parking lots for this year. I was actually looking ahead to next year.the building end of my company is slow and can put more endloaders to use next year pushing snow. Thank you for the feed back
  10. big acres

big acres Senior Member

Now that's planning ahead... and here you came across as some newbie. No offense, but we hate to see more builders getting into the game since the gravy train has dried up.:D
  11. jbis1782

jbis1782 Member

My company has been plowing for 10 years now. I just never had to bid on work that much because of the government contracts. Dont get me wrong i am not a builder that is just getting in the game. I actually lost a contract to a builder that went bankrupt and still owed my money. He started a snow plow business under a different name and is low balling the bids.
  12. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I'm afraid like other's said...a little too late. We're looking and calling places for mowing next year. I like to stay a season ahead.