1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New 99 F250 4x4

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by havenlax18, Mar 4, 2011.

1. havenlax18

havenlax18 Senior Member

2. Sabsan84

Sabsan84 Senior Member

cant go wrong for 3500. cant even buy a plow for that, but I would be skeptical if it needs a lot of work, u always almost have to do some type of repairs or reconditioning to a used vehicle, but if its strong mechanically its good to go
  3. streetscrapin16

streetscrapin16 Senior Member

It needs some work. Leaf springs are shot. I called about a week ago. I talked to the person then they never answered when I wanted to look at it.
  4. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

well to be honest with you, I will be careful before buying it, reasons.
    1- high mile
    2-it had plowed a lot before
    3- I would rather get something for an older man or some one I really know, before jumping on that one.
    truck itself look a work truck from outside, but you need to check the engine before any thing.
  5. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

Truck looks worked. Non matching wheels and dented up probably means a plow truck that got it use. It might be worth it if the mechanical checks out, just make sure to take your time and look it over! Good luck!
  6. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

The yellow roofs really the selling point for me...
  7. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

check for oil under that baby.....i went to buy a 99, saw all the oil around the pan, mechanic said to replace the gasket he would have to basically unbolt the engine, or frame, or something along those lines to get to it
  8. havenlax18

havenlax18 Senior Member

It does need some work. Needs another hub cap which I already have (I own 2 other 99 f250's) and a paintjob. How much do you guys think leaf springs will cost for it? Including a mechanics installation?
  9. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Springs new are around $ 250 per spring pack so your talking $ 1000 and then labor unless you can find some one who has lifted there truck and has the stock springs. Thats how I got mine found them on line from a guy who lifted his truck and the springs had 3000 miles on them and I paid $ 250 for all 4 spring packs. And they are really not that hard to do a torch and an impact wrench and some time and you can do it. I did mine in my driveway.
  10. Drew2010

Drew2010 Senior Member

Seems like an okay deal... its a plow truck and it probably has been for a long time...

As for the high miles, if the 5.4 shits out you could always throw a cummins in it. lol

Springs wouldnt be that hard to do yourself. You can find x-codes on the net for about 400 for the 2 springs. probalby need new bolts, so figure about $425 for them. If you have a basic knowledge and a breaker bar then you could do them yourself

As for the axles and stuff, just change the fluids and theyd be good to go. 177k is just broken in.

I mean after all. Its only $3500
  11. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

make sure you check the excellent ford exhaust manifolds well
  12. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

It certainly isn't "New". :)
  13. paponte

paponte Senior Member

It couldn't have worked that hard... it had a Meyers on it! :laughing:
  14. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I have a set of low mile leafs for that truck if you do end up buying it.

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

i would definitely check over the mechanics of it. it looks as if its seen its fair share of work
  16. E-MAN NY

E-MAN NY Senior Member

11 years, 177,000 miles and lots of plowing! Be careful.
  17. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

It's a $3k truck fellas, any early to mid 90's half ton would sell for that with a truck side. At least around here. I'm sure he expects it to be a $3,500 truck, not an $8k one. Nothing to "watch out" for. It's gonna need some TLC I'm sure, but worth the $$ all day long IMO. It's a 3/4 ton 4wd truck with under 200k. That's all I'd need to know.
  18. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Easily worth it for parts.