1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New 9'2 VXT Q's

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by ommegang, Oct 10, 2010.

1. ommegang

ommegang Senior Member
    from wi

Traded in my 08' F250 5.4L along with my Blizzard SW for a 2011 F250 6.2L. Just got a 9'2 VXT steel installed w/ smartlocks. Very badass looking plow! Question: If it doesn't trip in scoop mode, does it trip everwhere else? ie: from straight to scoop will it trip or does it not trip beyond straight. Also, I see that the curb guards are an intregal part of the cutting edge. Do you guys plow with shoes to save the cutting edge?

Thanks much! Driving home I noticed this thing is night and day vs the wide Speedwing. I always sweated hitting another plow head on at night with narrowed roads with the SW. No longer. And, I will be able to see too! I did have to lift the plow mount by hand a dag in order to release the truck. It wouldn't release otherwise. Hopefully nothing to worry about, just a wear-in thing?

2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

When you unhooked it by hand, just put the stand down before you put the plow in float. Also do it on level ground. This always helps me.
  3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

There isn't a stand on a Vee plow. You put it in Vee and it stands on it's own.
    I bought the same plow but it's still in pieces on the shop floor.
  4. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Realy? I'm not getting mine till Friday so thanks
  5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

my new v is easy to unhook...plow in float and blade veed back...hit the switch up to relieve pressure on the truck and then lower it.unplug wires and drive away
    the new cutting edges are very heavy duty and the dealer told me that they never run shows
  6. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

We appreciate your purchase and know that you will be happy with it!
  7. ggkkpp

ggkkpp Junior Member

measure the holes on the mount they should be 15 1/2 inches from the center of the hole to the ground on level ground, adjust main beam and you will no longer have to push up or pull back on the blade to attach it.
  8. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Boss plows will trip in the scoop position.... I've done it before anyways... with a 9.2VXT
    The head gear should fall all the way forward with the powerhitch when you go to take it off and you shouldnt have any trouble backing out
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  9. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Check to see if the release handles are hitting on the plastic on the front of your truck. That may be why it didn't "release" on its own. The plastic on my truck needs to be cut a little more, so it sometimes catches on the edge of it, so it won't release on it's own.
  10. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Another thing to note, the Vs are so well balanced that you can move them around with a floor jack by lifting on the trip lever box.
  11. ommegang

ommegang Senior Member
    from wi

I noticed this too, as I looked closer. I this may be wht it didn't release. They wanted to keep the plastic spoiler intact as much as possible. No shoes seems to be the way to go.
    Thanks for all the input.
  12. pitrack

pitrack Senior Member

The ground might be a little off level too. Every so often mine will catch if I'm not perfectly level.
  13. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Yeah that's what happened with mine. I have left it that way for now, as I didn't want to remove the plasitc completely. I just have to remember to manually pull the lever when releasing.

I also run with no shoes. I don't even own any and I have 3 boss V's.