1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new 8600 sw

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by docsgmc, Mar 4, 2010.

1. docsgmc

docsgmc Senior Member

well its on now. all i need snow:laughing:
    now that i am a blizzard man any help or advise i can get would be appreciated

DSCN0790.jpg

DSCN0788.jpg

DSCN0791.jpg

DSCN0792.jpg

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

No wing decals?

3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

sweet looking plow,,,,

4. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Is the moldboard on the 8600 the same as the 860? If so you need to put in some cutouts on the wings so the cables don't snap. Other wise looks good.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Looks great. Seems like a decent plow choice for a half ton.

I was going to mention the mod to keep the cables from snapping.

6. Tbrothers

Tbrothers Senior Member

I have the same plow and it works great.Have had a few issues but all seems well. Where do you guys notch it out to keep it from hitting the cable? Haven't figured out where it comes into contact with the cable. And yes its missing the wing decals.

7. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

8. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good Doc. Hope about some more pictures of it. An action video would be nice too, thats if we get some snow.

He has a 2500, 3/4 ton.

9. Alaska Boss

Alaska Boss PlowSite.com Addict
    from Alaska

Your joystick controls are opposite of my joystick. The former Blizzard controls have the "lower-blade" as up or forward, and the "raise-blade as down or back,... and that seems right,... like airplane or equipment hydraulics work. I wonder why they changed those functions on these new plows,... I think I would swap them around if I get another new Speedwing in the future,... :dizzy:

Also, one thing you can do that is really a relief for your eyes, if you plow much at night,... is to paint the back-side of your new plow flat black,... driving down the road at night staring into that white plow is very annoying,.. at least to me,.. good luck with it! :waving:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  10. docsgmc

docsgmc Senior Member

the decals were not on when i went to pick it up.....and i liked the way it looks so i opted to leave them off.....i always thought they were painted on but when i found out they where stickers i said no thanks....
    ......how do i know if i need to make a notch in the wings ??? i don't see whats hitting..

11. docsgmc

docsgmc Senior Member

i will send more picks of the pump and wings......they changed the hydraulic oil container to a steel one....and the boys at blizzard said that the pump assembly is all new so i will take pictures this week

12. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

When I say notches in the wings, the problem with the old SW was in scoop position if you hit a pile the wing can and will come back (the spring only can do so much) and hits the bolt and breaks the cable. If there is clearance then now need to worry. If there is not you will break a cable sooner or later.

13. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I think it looks really sharp without the wing decals! Next one I buy, those are staying off as well.

14. billet-boy

billet-boy Member

I think i will try to get them off my new 8100.

15. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I know you may not like the look of the stickers but they do help protect your paint. If you could cover the whole plow with a sticker you wouldn't every have to worry about the paint. I sprayed my plow with clear rustoleum before it ever saw snow. Right now it looks good for it's 4th season. The stickers on the wings have the red color wearing off now. If the stickers weren't there that would be my paint wearing. Since your wings are protected you might as well leave the stickers on. JMO.

Good luck ,shaun