1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New 8'2" with Wings on the WAY!!!

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by millsaps118, Sep 14, 2010.

1. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

I just order a V with Boss wings from the local dealer today. This one is going on my '09 F350 dump. Opted to go with an 8'2" with wings instead of a 9'2" without wings, for me this set up is perfect for the the type of lots I do, and I like the fact that I can drive down the road vee'd-back with the wings on. Already have this set up on my HD and love it.

DCS...exact same set up you just got! I said F**K it and had them put the boss snow flap on. What's another $260 when ur already into it for over 6K!:cry:

Won't be installed until next month. I need to finish out the lawn care season and make room for another plow! Pic's will come later.

BTW....Salt Dogg SHPE2000 is ordered too.......:nod:

2. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Congratulations on your purchase. We appreciate your business!

3. millsaps118

Thx Rick! Can't wait to get it installed.

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I am waiting for my new blade to come in yet. They have the mount and wiring already done and I am very pleased.

Hey Rick....did you quit with Sno-Way?

5. jimchris

jimchris Member

What did the wings cost? I ordered a 8'2" poly V-XT and would like to add the wings.

6. DCS MN

DCS MN Senior Member

I would have gone with the 9'-2" with your set up, HA HA HA

And by the way mine is sitting in my garage. Early bird gets the worm...:waving:

7. DCS MN

DCS MN Senior Member

Are you sitting down, yours will be over $750....In my opinion well worth the money if you bid you lots, you will make that up in clean up no prob.

8. millsaps118

LOL....9-2 WITH wings! Would be killer if all I had was big wide open lots to plow.

Never did get that pic of yours. We got to hook up before the white stuff starts dropping.:drinkup:

9. millsaps118

You could probably find 'em online for $750+shipping. If you go to your dealer expect to pay $800-$900 installed.

10. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Yes, playing in a different sandbox these days, LOL. Is the new on you are waiting on RED?

11. jimchris

jimchris Member

I just do my drive and around my farm but I push a long way and pile it up. I'm calling dealer today to get a price.

12. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Yes sir....It will be RED.....:bluebounc
    I still have several Sno-Ways but am excited as crap to get a NEW BOSS.

and...Congrats on your move to the Boss camp :drinkup:

13. jimchris

jimchris Member

Ordered mine today, 640 plus install of 100-150.

14. millsaps118

WOW!!! I guess geographic area does matter! I got quotes from 3 local dealers and they were all within $50 from each other. Anywhere from $810-$860 installed.

Congrats on the purchase, you're gonna absolutely love plowing with them things!

15. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Thanks for your purchase of a new Boss plow and thank you for the well wishes. Boss is a great company with outstanding products and dealer support. I know you will be happy with your purchase. :salute:

16. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Driving down the road with the wings on even Veed back will be a very wide plow.

I just bought a Poly VXT 9'2" today.

17. millsaps118

Sweet, congrats....

18. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

You guys should call me if you need wings.....

19. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Copy that.