1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New 8'2" V-plow for $4175 sound like a good deal?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by turbo5560, Jul 24, 2007.

1. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

Does a 07-08 8'2" V-plow WITH smartlock cylinders and mount and harness for $4175 sound like a good deal?

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Well there are a few questions i must ask first. 1 is the plow assembled? 2 is that a installed price on your truck? And 3 where did you find a deal like that. I am buying a new one this year and I am in your area also, so Let me know man. If the plow is assembled and it is installed on your truck I would jump on that deal. I called Muskegun Break the other day and they quoted me at 5,500 out the door for a 8'2'' ploy vee mounted everything I need, smart locks, deflector, joystick controller.

3. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

Thats a good deal installed or not. Last year I paid about $4800 for a steel V installed and the dealership gave me deflector and installed it for free. These blades arent that hard to put together and depending on what type of truck it is going on, it can be done in around 8/10 hours.

Even if it isn't installed it is only gonna be about another 300 bucks to have them put it on your truck too.
  5. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

Well I've been going back and forth with a couple places to get the best quote possible. I widdled it down and down to that final price. The place that quoted me $4150 origanially told me that the plow was not put together so I was going to throw his quote out. I don't mind installing the mount and wire harness, but didn't want to mess with the actual plow. I called another dealer and they matched his quote and their plows would be put together. I called the original guy back and he quoted me $4175 for a 8'2" steel v-plow put together with smartlock and mount and wireharness. To answer your first question yes the plow is assembled, second, it is not installed on my truck (i installed one last year in about 5 hours). The only "bad part" is that it's about 200 miles trip for me to pick them up. But they are worth it, because that $4175 is including tax and everything.
    I'm actually ordering at least 2 of these, I don't really know you, but maybe if i met you sometime I could through you on the order and get you a good deal.
    Let me know what you think. I know that if you called the place yourself they wouldn't give you that good of a deal. Trust me this guy isn't very happy, he claims that he isn't making any money ( I feel really bad! haha, not!) But ya, let me know what you think.
  6. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Turbo - pm or call me , Chuck 616-886-1506.

CPW just yesterday was at 4775 for a 92 vee w/smart locks.

I just got an 08 truck and really leaning towards a new plow.......................

Troy - did you ever do any work for that guy out there on the lakeshore where I seen you at??

Hey are you gonna hook any of us up with a plow? Are the plows assembled or do you have to put them together too? I know we would have to wire them and install the mount.

8. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

yeah i am giong to say thats a pretty good deal.....i was just in the other day getting some numbers for my new f350(new to me) and the 8.2 V is looking about 5000$ on the truck and the 9.2 V is about 5300$ on the truck
  9. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Good deal to me. I am interested in that model plow. Holland, MI is like 210 miles from me, but I do not know how far to the dealer then. And I still need a few more accounts to pay for the plow.

If this turns into a group buy, count me out until a later time.
  10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That's a great price. I might have to do some cross border shopping. Do you think they would notice a new blade on my truck at customs?
  11. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Just make one out of cardboard for when you cross customs the first time, then have the real one the second time through. If they ask what the cardboard one is for tell them transfering drugs or something, I'm sure they will let you slip right though.

HAHAHAHA!!!!!:help: :help: :help: :help:
  13. 8-2 Vplow - new price

We are looking for a good price for a Boss V
    We can install but prefer that the plow is assembled
    where do you suggest we get the better prices that you found ??
    located NE of TraverseCity
  14. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Good luck finding cheaper this time of year, snow will be here soon so the prices are going back up. You want cheap, look in like June.
  15. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

ya... he got it right... I can't get you that good of deal this time of year.
  16. jdceltix33

jdceltix33 Junior Member
    from midwest

I bought mine for $2000. It was 2 years old