1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new 810

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by slade, Nov 24, 2007.

1. slade

slade Senior Member

I just ordered a 810 and will be installing myself. Any tips or advice on installing the plow. I usually do my own mechanic work, but never installed a plow before. Is this about a 8-12 hour project?
  2. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

It's pretty straight forward just watch your hose routing so nothing will get rubbed when the plow is moving. I also put some die electric grease on the coils to keep them from corroding. I set the whole crate in the shop with my loader an built it right on the pallet it came on. When i was done i drove up to it and mounted it right on my truck. It took me a few night after work to get it done but it wasn't too bad. It's not any harder than assemling a western straight blade. Good Luck!!!