1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New 7'6 Standard Poly

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by h2bhumble, Oct 13, 2009.

1. h2bhumble

h2bhumble Junior Member
    from mass

Just picked up my new poly blade. I'll take a few pics this weekend. I have a 2005 GMC serria 1500 with Timbrens. Didn't have to turn the torsion bars, but I think I will to get that extra inch or so. The hydraulics are awesome, fast and to the point. Drove home on the highway and the temp gauge floated back and forth from a little under 210 to 230. Questions:

1. Do most drive with the plow up and straight or up and turned?
    2. How fast do most drive on the highway? I was doing 55 and it seemed to be fine.

Thanks, anyother little tricks with the boss would be appreciated.
  2. dont know why no one has replied until now

You were probably going faster than the manual says to carry the plow

The recommended speed is not just to avoid truck overheating but to maintain a speed
    that will allow you to remain in control in hard turns, stops, etc

45mph is pretty typical max speed

back to your other question: I travel with the plow turned right
    not always logical but that is what seems natural

and I tend to let the plow ride as low as possible -- air goes over the plow to the radiator
    and keeps the temperature lower

but, if I want to warm up the truck,.. carry the plow high and straight and she warms
    right up!!

3. chitown sparky

chitown sparky Senior Member

when I had a 7' 6" ploy I would carry it about 3" off the ground and the temp would not go up past normal when I was on the highway I would keep the blade straight and never had a problem unless it was really windy.