1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new 5525 snow setup

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by SD-Dave, Nov 29, 2008.

1. SD-Dave

SD-Dave Senior Member
    from Vermont

Pictures of my new 5525 set up for snow.

Nokian Tyres unidirectional radials

Horst Welding Euro-Carrier with 8' all angle plow

Woods 84" rear blade for scraping ice and back-dragging.

ps.: thanks to JD for the suggestion of Horst...great company really rugged setup and decent price

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

looks great :D be sure to post some pics when it snows
  3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

That's a very nice setup. How much was that blade?
  4. SD-Dave

SD-Dave Senior Member
    from Vermont

you buy the blade seperately from the carrier.

carrier is about $4500 installed

blade is about $4K

other attachments can be place on the carrier.

Advantage over loader is compact design, less obstruction of view and it being significantly stronger than mounting in on loader arms that can be sprung hitting obstructions.....blade floats much better too.

will definitely post some snow pictures...

ps. should have shown how high it goes....can be lifted 48"+ off ground so it will stack very high too!
  5. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Sweet Looking Rig
  6. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

its a BEAST!
  7. Kybol

Kybol Senior Member
    from Alberta

That should do the job.
  8. DKG

DKG Senior Member

Very nice set-up.
  9. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

I can't seem to figure out the geometry of the front blade from the pics. Which cylinders actually raise the blade?
  10. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Nice man....JD is going to faint when he see's this!
  11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Ouch I hit my head. Looks great Dave! On the Euro hitch there are some allen srews, take them out and drill some holes into the shaft and then put the screws back in. We've had alot of problems with those screws coming loose. We actually have that same carrier on all our loaders and even the skids.
  12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

It's a parallel lift, the cylinders clostest to the tractor lift the carrier which in turn lifts the plow. The blade stays level at all times.
  13. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

That's kind what I figured it had to be.
  14. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

The carrier seems to be very low to the ground. Is there a way to make it higher or doesn't it matter.

That is a sweet looking set up.
  15. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

very nice, are those tires supposed to be better in the snow than the normal ag tires?
  16. raceyz125

raceyz125 Junior Member
    from IL

Great looking tractor and plow setup. Those tires should be great in snow, lots of traction. Good luck with it this year.
  17. SD-Dave

SD-Dave Senior Member
    from Vermont

thanks for the tip...but not sure exactly what you mean...can you email me a little more specifics as to location and your fix

18. SD-Dave

SD-Dave Senior Member
    from Vermont

photos are decieving....carrier isn't as close as it appears...it travels at same rate as blade so never an issue.
  19. SD-Dave

SD-Dave Senior Member
    from Vermont

the tires are from Nokian....makers of some of the world's best snow tires...these are uni-directional radials...meant for utility farming everything but tillage in europe....have speed rating and work real well in snow and ice but not their specific purpose. I wanted a tire similar to a industrial but with more contact patch, better traction and in a size that was the same as a R1...not have to go down to a puny tire etc. which is common when you order industrial tires on a tractor.

these Nokian's fit the bill exactly....the great snow ablity is a huge bonus.

Plus I think they look pretty cool....not something you see on many a tractor around these parts.
  20. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

they are awsome looking tires. should be great in the snow

i see a few of those horst blades around here. i had one of their side delevery buckets brought in for a customer. they do some nice work