1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New 4X4 Standard?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by POWERBAND, Apr 30, 2003.

1. POWERBAND

POWERBAND Member

Am I correct that GM does not offer a full size 4WD with a standard Tranny?. If so when did they last offer a standard and do Ford or Chrysldaimler or Toyletota. I never learned to drive those automatics and I don't want to learn now.;) :cool:

2. VictoryRedK1500

VictoryRedK1500 Member

I have a 2002 Silverado 1500 4x4 with the NV 3500 5 spd manual. A few months ago, I saw a 2003 2500 HD (3/4 ton) 4x4 on a dealer's lot with the 6.0 V8 and NV 4500 5spd combo. So, yes they do still make a manual in a full-size. They aren't easy to find though. :(

3. wyldman

wyldman Member

Pretty much all of the truck mfg's still offer manual trannies on most of their truck lines.

Most of the 1/2 tons,with all the bells and whistles,will be dealer ordered with the automatic,as most people prefer it.When you get up into the heavier trucks,the manuals are much more common,as a lot of people prefer them for heavy towing.