1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new 29 series - adjusting shoes

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by bwilder10h, Dec 1, 2005.

1. bwilder10h

bwilder10h Junior Member

I just bought a 29 series 8' plow and have it mounted on my 03 F250. I have all the washers for the shoes (but one) moved down on the bottom of the shaft and the blade still sits down on the concrete when you lower it.

Is this normal?

I'd like to get it to where it's about an 1/8" off the pavement for driveways but I may have to buy more washers. Just seems kinda strange that Sno-way would design it this way...

2. larryjlk

larryjlk Member

sounds like your plow is mounted at the wrong angle. check with your dealer. The undercarrige mount has several mounting holes and maybe needs to be lowered. Not an expert but just a thought.

3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

you can cheek the height of your plow mount on your truck for the right hight, see your owners manual.
    Then you can raise the shoes or take them off all together as most guys on here do. I only use them on unfrozen or loose gravel drives & lots.

4. Sno ballz

Sno ballz Member

Sounds like you only have the washers in there, and not the larger spacers. Do you have both? I have the 7.5 29 series and it has a stack of washers AND the larger spacer on each shoe. I can definitely raise the cutting level several inches if I wanted to. Yours should be the same....

5. snow blind

snow blind Junior Member
    from MASS.

sorry to breaking in with a chevy but wondering where i whould be have a 96 ext. cab diesle sit with a snow way v- plow and am finding some marks from the guides not the plow know this can be a good thing in some places but seems a bit off finding most of my washers are on the bottem of the plow any advise would be great plan on cranking 1and1/2 turns on torsions but it is 5" of ground when fully up more then enough just a question please help sorry on the ford !:help:

6. bwilder10h

bwilder10h Junior Member

I do have the spacers and they are on the bottom. I didn't notice it until someone mentioned the plow frame height:rolleyes: but the frame has different holes in it that the receiver can be bolted to. I just need to lower it a notch on the plow frame to get it at the correct height.

7. beungood

beungood Member

How do you like the 29 series? What did you pay for it? Has it held up like the other makes?

8. bwilder10h

bwilder10h Junior Member

I've only been out with it one time so far this year (it's been in the 50's the past two weeks here) but from what I can tell, it's a nice unit.

Love the wireless remote and I also got a couple furniture dollies from Lowe's so I could drop it on those and wheel it in the garage. Makes it easier when you put it on too because you just roll it up to the truck instead of driving up to it.

I paid $4400 for it installed and I called just about every Sno-way dealer within a 100 mile radius before I bought it. Everyone else was real close on the price, so I went with the shop close to home (3 miles) so I could take it there without any hastles if a problem should arise.

9. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

shoe adjustment

Does the plow a-frame sit parallel to the ground? If not this would change the blade attack angle and pitch it forward. Fords generally sit higher than the other makes. It sounds as if the subframe could be lowered which should clear up this problem. Shoe assemblies will have enough adjustment utilizing the spacers and washers to get you the 1/8" clearance of the cutting edge that you desire. I would contact the local dealer that you purchased the plow from and let them access the situation. Let me know how you make out.

Tom O'Brien
    Western District Sales Manager
    Sno-Way International Inc.

10. bwilder10h

bwilder10h Junior Member

I got it figured it.

Operator error:rolleyes: