1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New 26 Sno-way install?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by pelt35, Nov 2, 2007.

1. pelt35

pelt35 Senior Member

This is for Basher, I am getting a new 26 series installed on my 08 F-150 tomorrow, Do you know if I will be able to retain my tow hooks after installation or will they have to go? Also with the new wiring that has to be plugged to each other for normal operation with plow off are they able to be hidden? And last , is there much or any of the bottom valance that has to be cut/removed on an 08? My 04 that I had with an MT did not have to, but I don't know about the new 26 series. Thanks Basher , Jack in WI

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Best I can do is a Maybe/maybe not:rolleyes:

I haven't done the 08 150 yet. The instructions
    http://www.snoway.com/service/Subframes/97101221a.pdf
    say you lose your tow hooks, last one I remember doing was a 05 or 06, last fall some time. I think we had to trim the bumper but it wasn't noticeable. They try real hard to keep the install looking clean.

you should be able to tuck all the wires away nice and neat

just curious why did you choose 26 over 29? .

3. pelt35

pelt35 Senior Member

I guess I am looking at the 100+ # weight savings, and I am only doing my own and my mom's and a coupla friends anymore. I don't know the price diff probably should have checked. I saw the plow this p.m. when i dropped of my 150, It looks nice, I had the newer style snow deflector put on as well should make for a nice unit. I will try to post pics when I get it home .. Thanks Basher for info Jack

Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The new SUPER DEFLECTOR wesport is cool as he!!

5. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Congrats on the new toys!! We're still waiting to see the pic though! How did the install come out? Just curious as a friend just got an 08 and was tossing the idea around but he is much to anal when it comes to other people "cutting up" his truck.:dizzy:

6. pelt35

pelt35 Senior Member

26 install

I will have to put plow on and take some pics soon. didn't have time when I got it home. The install was nice, directions say to take off bottom valance, but dealer just made a coupla small cuts and it looks nice. I wll post soon Jack

7. pelt35

pelt35 Senior Member

2008 F-150 w 26 series Sno-way 7.5 poly w/dp

2008 Cadillac & 2008 Ford 010.jpg

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Sweet Rig!!

9. pelt35

pelt35 Senior Member

another pic

2008 Cadillac & 2008 Ford 007.jpg another pic

2008 Cadillac & 2008 Ford 007.jpg

10. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Looks sharp. We at Sno-Way appreciate your business.

11. pelt35

pelt35 Senior Member

2008 Cadillac & 2008 Ford 002.jpg here is close-up of where the valance was cut , very minimal looks nice with plow off truck , It can be done.

2008 Cadillac & 2008 Ford 002.jpg

12. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

How much is that deflector?

13. pelt35

pelt35 Senior Member

deflector price

I think that it was $170 extra installed

14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

That was probably a "with the purchase of a plow" deal. Snoway recommends a retail list of $250 for the unit.

Sweet price, Sweet unit:nod:, SS fasteners, adjustable for different widths, strong as he!!, aggressive looks. I love the appearance. They're really not that pricey if you compare them with the Fisher snofoil which is as close as you can get on the market right now.

They'll work on other plows too;)

15. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Mighty nice looking setup! We do appreciate you being a Sno-Way customer. I see the dog sitting in the truck....have you got it trained to run the plow yet?

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

So 'm in the WAWA getting coffee. I'm standing at the conter an I've got the control in the pocket of my hoodie when I notice this guy looking at the plow and notice my dog is standing there looking out the window. I point the control at the plow an hit raise. the plow goes up the guy looks confused. I keep working the plow while i pay for the coffee has I drop the control in my pocket buttons out and carryig 4 coffees on a tray. As i leave the store and head for the truck I've got the plow dance'n. The dog looks at me an I holler "Iris" (the dog's name) "how many times have I told you not to play with the plow." I climbed in the truck and drove away with this dude's jaw on the pavement. I still laugh just thinking about the look on that guy's face.

17. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Lmao...............

18. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Too funny!

19. pelt35

pelt35 Senior Member

Fun with the wireless

Hey basher thats funny, I had a similar deal, my plumber stopped over one day right after I got my last plow w/wireless and he was looking it over and I told him that it was one of those new VAC plows and he said what is that . I told him voice activated plow. Unknown to him I had the control in my pocket as well. You can imagine what I did to him , He went out of there talking to himself . A few weeks later one of my buddy's let him in on it and he was ticked. they can be a lotta fun.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2007
  20. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

See guys, Sno-Way not only has a great product...but it is fun too!