1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new 26 7.5' question

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by snowman55, Feb 27, 2009.

1. snowman55

snowman55 PlowSite.com Addict

jsut got a 26 7.5" on my avalache. pretty nice little plow.

2 questions please help
    1- can I speed up the drop rate, It is quit slow.
    2- what causes intermintant response on the remote controler? should I get a wired one?

2. snowman55

did a search and I see no adjustabe quill. quess I'll call dealer for adjustable one.

my first snoway. is this a pretty strong plow? will it hold up to comercial use? Its on my personal truck and I usually only help out in a breakdown situation. just wondering what kind of life span I should expect? should I take it real easy with it?

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No adjustable quill. There is an orficie that can be changed to increase the drop speed. Snoway received complaints about the 26 series dropping too fast so they decreased the orficie size, went a little overboard IMO. The old orficie use to be .097 and they went to a .043:dizzy: Before we deliver them (26 series) we remove the orfice and drill it out to 3/32 (.093) or go to your Snoway dealer and order a orifice kit.

part # 11 on page ten http://www.snoway.com/service/Parts Manuals/97101026g.pdf

Plow with that sucker. They sold it to you as a light commercial plow, so use it as it was meant it'll take it.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  4. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Snowman:

Have your dealer contact Sno-Way technical service. They will provide a new orifice to speed the drop up.

5. snowman55

thanks for the input. I gave it a good work out for about 5 hrs and it seems to have held up. I'm just so use to heavy duty western or blizzz on a big truck.

6. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

.. and as far as the wireless control goes there is always a little delay in the control it is wireless a wired control in my book is the way to go... and like basher stated take it back to your dealer and have them drill the orface out.. we do the same thing with the 26 series plows. the reason the 26 series plows drop so slow is they are designed to be a home owners plow and most home owners dont want their plows droping so fast to the ground on their driveways.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

IMO it was a homeowner's get annoyed when awoken by the blade slamming to the ground in their driveway at 3am decision and they went overboard. This could be a real concern since the 26 series is such a good match to the 1/2 ton pickups that are a favorite with the driveway focused commercial plower.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  8. daaboss

daaboss Junior Member

The only time I get an intermittant response on my wirless remote Snoway control is when I get within 5 feet of this LED message display that has onboard computers, electronics, etc.

9. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Love my 7/6 26 steel blade!! As for durability, I do 80% commercial/20% residential and logged around 150 hours of actual plow time on it so far with only 1 hiccup (fried brain). Pulled into my dealer, they had me back out within an hour for no charge. Love the SnoWay products, will be setting up another truck for next season and it will get all SW!! Great products, great dealer service, great factory support, what more could a guy want!