1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New 2500HDs

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Bikes and Guns, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Bikes and Guns

Bikes and Guns Junior Member

Anyone driven the new style HDs? The local dealership had a couple so I stopped to check them out. I'm wondering how they feel with the improved 6.0 and 6 speed. They also had 3.73 gears. Hopefully MPG will increase?

2. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

I drove a new gmc ext cab a couple of weeks ago and I think I rides better than the 1500 the new 6.0 got that truck up and moving without flat footing it and the trans was smooth thru all six gears. I'm ordering mine in the next couple of weeks. Two thumbs up for me!!

3. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

I ordered a 6.0 6spd '07 on March 6th. The improved (more hp) and 6 speed were significant in my decision between the "classic" and new style '07. I have a freind with an '05 6.0 and he doesn't get too bad on fuel economy (not really any worse than my '96 K1500) as long as he behaves and he has 4.10's. I am very hopeful for the 6-spd and 3.73 combo to help. I am also thinking of getting the cold air kit and performance exhaust (the reduced pumping losses should help too).

4. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Couple guys over at dieselplace.com have gotten ones. One member put the H2 rims with 285s on it and it made the truck look tons better.

5. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

They need more factory options for wheels! Redesign entire truck and then slam the old style wheels on them? I have a 07 classic and was checking out the new style. The front bumper is monstrous! i dont know if this change is for the better. The inside is very nice though.

6. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I drove a new style '07 Chevy 2500HD 6.0 gas just because. I actually was very impressed with the truck. Wasnt too happy with the design at first, but I think its going to grow on me. Cant wait to drive a Duramax!;) My next truck will be Chevy or Dodge, but im leaning towards the GM's!:nod:

7. Bikes and Guns

Bikes and Guns Junior Member

I'm really hoping the 6 speed and 3.73s help the gas mileage some.

8. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

9. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Drove a Duramax crew cab 2500 HD the other day and damn......very nice truck!:salute: