1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New 2500HD with the Z71 package?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by peterk800xc, Apr 3, 2014.

1. peterk800xc

peterk800xc Senior Member

I have been looking at a new 2015 2500HD Chev with the Z71 package. I have seen that some say this package is not very plow compliant and a few body parts have to be removed in order to mount the frame of the plow. I am looking at a new BOSS for it. Contacted BOSS a few days ago but have not heard back. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
  2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

I'd get one without the Z71 for the reason that the Z71 isn't just a suspension package. A lot has to be cut/removed/modified to get a mount to work. Not worth the extra hassle.
  3. sixty4

sixty4 Member
    from CT

Just curious what is on the package that needs to be moved and cut? I have an older one with a fisher mm2 and it was pretty straight forward. Not saying your wrong but was thinking about the same truck.
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

You'll most likely have to cut the plastic between the tow hooks and may or may not have to remove the tow hooks.... Nothing else on the z71 package should be effected by a plow frame.
  5. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Isn't the plastic part of the actual bumper now?

I know there's a few people on here that have them it looks like they take a 6 inch section out of the middle of the bumper lol

Boss usually needs the most cut. Along with fisher.

Western usually isn't too bad