1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New 2500HD which plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by milkie62, May 9, 2013.

1. milkie62

milkie62 Senior Member
    from Troy,NY

Just picked up a new 2500HD chevy.Can't figure out which straight blade plow to get.Had both western an fisher in the past.Kinda like the western total fold over since I have a long dirt drive and it does not bang like my fisher when tripping.On the other hand I like the SS fisher. Help........
  2. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Can't help you, I've sworn off straight blades! But I remember back in the dark ages liking the trip edge,ss blades.
  3. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

I would go fisher exreme V2 plow
  4. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

If its just for your driveway that is dirt, don't get an X-Blade or XV...it'll dig in really bad until the ground is frozen. I'd go with an 8' or 8'6'' HD or an 8' or 8'6'' Western Pro
  5. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

that is true, i agree with that
  6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

If you're going with a strait blade, I would go with a Fisher HD or a Boss Trip Edge.
  7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Full trip straight blade manufacturer of your choice with a gravel edge.

A gravel edge is a piece of pipe split and mounted over the cutting edge to keep the blade from digging in to soft spots/thawed spots. Cleans well without the noise and pushes far less gravel on to the shoulders than a standard cutting edge.

You could do the same thing with a trip edge just more difficult to make and attach.

some pictures; Gravel Edge
  8. milkie62

milkie62 Senior Member
    from Troy,NY

That gravel edge is a great idea.What size pipe are you using ?