1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new 2500 hd on ebay

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by jce4isu, Feb 8, 2007.

1. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

2. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

That front bumper's gotta go.

3. qualitylandscap

qualitylandscap Member

I like it. I'll be ordering Chevy 2500hd just like that next year but with the D/A, LTZ. Is it me or does the truck sit up higher? I also see that the got the back side wide window from the ford f-150. Wonder how much trimming there is going to be to put on a western plow? It would look better with some chrome tube steps.

4. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

No plow prep, same crappy bridgestone tires but finally they raised the front end.

5. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Man....beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think it's really ugly. But, I also like that they FINALLY raised that front end. Now I can tell it's a 4x4. But whoever designed the front bumper needs to be fired.

6. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Sure is a nice truck, but no snow prep? Or LSD? :(

I have to ask what is "auto trans with a manual shift"?

And by no means is he giving that truck away. Sticker of $39,099 minus the rebate offered from Chevy of $2250 , the pricing should start at $36,849. More or less dealer here is expecting you to pay $101 over sticker for the thing. Car dealers never stop amazing me. Best bet is to go find a 2006 with the same features and use the $5250 rebate.

Around here that truck could be had for around $29k, the way the market is these days. Then again this might be just and ad waiting for a sucker to come along. I would never deal with a dealer that cannot even advertise the current price for the thing.

7. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I agree, first impression it's pretty ugly, the new Ford looks much better, IMO

8. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

I agree. Nice truck but that front end................. You could take that front grill and bumper off put two seats behind it and it would look like one of those carnival rides that spins you around.

The big chrome pieces on either side of the bumper, look like some extra chrome they had hanging around the plant and decided to use it up.

9. Bry@n

Bry@n Senior Member

You can buy a Dodge w/ Cummins for that price. I am not too impressed.

10. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

It needs fenders too, the sides look like its just a flat piece of metal

11. KCB

KCB Senior Member

The interior looks like its from an airport limo. The rest looks like a chromed out turd.

12. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

Don't get me started on those tires. IF they do make one with some plow prep I hope the hell they don't put these POS tires on it. In general the truck looks nice in my opinion besides the bumper. I like the fact that the old seat belts were in the seat because they don't get caught in the door. Can't wait to see the commercial grade.

13. mreamer

mreamer Member

I agree with Bry@n, that's a ton of $ for an Ext cab gasser.

14. KLC99

KLC99 Senior Member

I'm not a fan of that massive front bumper, however, I saw a gmc with the new front end that looked much better in one of the threads. The top of the bumper was body color.

15. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

I'll be the oddball. I think it looks good , I'm gettin one. I am not in love with the front bumper but oh well. doug

16. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

My first impression is not very good of the GM Heavy Duty's. I really like the Ford F-450's though. Really sweet lookin'!:salute:

17. nick858

nick858 Senior Member
    from Iowa

But it would still be a Dodge.:dizzy: I dont know, but can you buy a Dodge with a Cummins that is equally equipped? I wouldnt want all the fancy stuff on a work truck, and Im sure you will be able to buy a reg. cab with less options a lot cheaper. Id like to have a diesel as well, but at 8k extra, and 50 cents a gallon extra, its not gonna happen for this guy.

18. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

That bumper has got to go! I think the Fords look 100% better..And that is a lot of $$ for an ext cab gasser...But it is all about what you like..I am a Ford guy...

19. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I think the look is gonna take some getting used to. Once we see them up close in person on the lots and on the roads, they wont be as bad. Once I pay my current truck off, I will definately be getting one with a duramax/allison:D

20. Northland

Northland Senior Member

Its so hard for me to actually visualize what it will look like with pictures. I hafta actually see on on the lot or driving down the road before I make a decision. But Im not to sure of em by the pictures so far... Gimme back my 01-02 HD's