1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New 2500 4X4 gas...

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Green With Envy, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Green With Envy

Green With Envy Junior Member
    from Fenton

Hi Guys, we are looking at a new truck. 2500 4X4 gas Hemi. Plow prep and tow and all that stuff not too many goddies mostly a work truck may push some snow with it but may not.

I would like to get your thoughts on the Dodge heavy duties.
    I have an uncle who works for GM so they may have the edge on pricing and Ford is not an option. I know too many people who are having problems with Ford trucks right now and I dont want to be one of them.

I guess I want to hear your pros and cons on the Dodges.

Thanks,

Mike

2. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

im on my 4th ram 2500 no complaints with my 04 the hemi is a great engine even with a skid of salt in the back and 8 ft plow on the front front the truck ran great. only one complaint hate the stock mirrors had to buy blind spot mirrors from pepboys
    john

Last edited: Dec 25, 2005
  3. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Dodge IS the way to go. To my knowledge all the major issues for the 94-01 generation have been solved for the current trucks. Chevy has soft suspension, Ford has issues (I'll leave it at that).

I LOVE my '96 CTD- planning on driving it into the ground (refused many offers to sell it over the years) and am planning on replacing the my Chevy dump with a newer Ram flatbed (possibly after the next styling change...If the dakota is a clue it will be soon and I like it too....)