1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New 20foot/beginning to Rust

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mossballs, Dec 25, 2004.

1. mossballs

mossballs Member
    from MN

I purchased a 20 foot wing plow from daniels and have yet to use it. Doday we are getting about 1/2 inch and the five day forecast looks dry. I am tempted to purchase a snow making machine and use it in my parking lots during the day so I can move snow at night. Any thoughts?

2. Iowa

Iowa Senior Member
    from Iowa

I hope your not serious because your post makes it sound that way...........

3. mossballs

mossballs Member
    from MN

Iowa:
    Have you been getting much snow down their/ I live in SW MN and we have yet to move. I can pick up a good used snow machine for around 120,000. I figure I can use it on my parking lots when it is not snowing and rent it to the ski resorts the other part of the time.

4. Iowa

Iowa Senior Member
    from Iowa

We have just a little from the other day, nothing worth getting excited about though....I think it will be here sooner or later...looks like last years pattern. :drinkup:

BTW- I'm from Rock Valley, NW Corner of Iowa, we might be close?

5. mossballs

mossballs Member
    from MN

Hope so. last year we moved four times before the first of the year but in Feb. We had a stretch where we started moving Monday morning and finished the following Saturday. It was almost to much. But from then on we moved about twice aweek because of the constant wind blowing.