1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New 2015 f150

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by weekendwrench, Jan 13, 2014.

1. weekendwrench

weekendwrench Senior Member

Now I love my fords, but I don’t know if this will grow on me. Looks kind of fulgly to me. Hope all that new technology makes up for its looks.

2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Won't see my ass buying one.
  3. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

It just doesn't look right, at least what a truck should. It looks to smooth to me. It looks like they took part of a car, a suv, and a truck and put it together.
  4. cat10

cat10 Senior Member

thats looks gross hope its a lie ha
  5. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Looks like a Tundra and a Dodge and truck babies.
  6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I thought the same exact thing when I saw it.

Boss posted pictures of one with a Boss Sport Duty on it on Facebook.
  7. fozzy

fozzy Member

Looks like I will be hanging onto my 2013 F 150 until this one grows on me.
    I do like how it looks lower than the current model.
    It would make it easier for vertically challenged guys like me.
  8. snopushin ford

snopushin ford Senior Member
    from mass

I think this is how many new trucks are going to look with the government pushing fuel economy. They are all going to end up smoothed out and low to the ground. Just my opinion
  9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

New ones are going to be made with a lot of aluminum
  10. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

I don't think it looks that bad. Does look like a tundra though.
  11. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

How I feel about it.

12. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

That is pretty ugly!
  13. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

Yeah the whole body is aluminum and the frame is going to be like high strength steel making the truck 700 pounds lighter. They are also going to have a smaller ecoboost for it too, dont remember the actual size though, want to say right around 2ish liters, which I would never want in a truck. I forget where I read all this, it was just the other day though. It is 10x uglier than the current model, i really like the current model
  14. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

Actually I read it on my local news station website. Wmur.com under national news

EDIT: My bad. I didnt notice the link you also included saying everything I said...
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  15. KLC99

KLC99 Senior Member

I could see that as a superduty front end. I never like the new styles when they come out but somewhere down the line somebody will post a pic of theirs in a perfect color/trim combo and I'm sure I'll wind up drooling. I'm just now getting to love the 08 superduty front clip so I guess it might take a while...
  16. fozzy

fozzy Member

I watched the release video and the 4 wheel drives don't sit as low as the ones on their website pics. Somewhere I read it is one inch lower.
  17. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

Boss on facebook just showed a few pics of this with a sportduty on it
  18. wislxer

wislxer Member

19. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 Senior Member

First thing i told my mom was that it looks ALOT like the 2nd gen tundras. personally, I think its growing on me little by little. I am planning on replacing my 1st gen tundra in a year or two so im looking at all my options.
  20. thebluemule

thebluemule Junior Member
    from erie pa

I like them. All the pictures I've seen so far look better than the first two posted in this thread I think